Sonic Electronix

Alpine Fans.the 9887 Is In And Imprinted

After you run the imprint you still have these items : Sub level 0-15 , bass -7 to +7 , treble -7 to +7 , balance L-R, Fade F-R, defeat on-off. So yes, you still have sub woofer control a little bit. My biggest gripe, I can't seem to find a way to do these settings with just the remote like I could with my old Kenwood deck. Not that I am lazy or anything, but I guess it is just a old habit to adjust the sub level with the remote. Speaking of the remote, they really coulda added a few features to it, as it is pretty basic , volume, track forward and back, and source selection and of course power on and off. My kenwood had all kinda buttons to work damn near every feature on the deck , but oh well. I will take the lacking remote and the superior deck and sound quality over the XXV-01D any day of the week hands down.

I did purchase the imprint kit, and I did so because of the same reason you mentioned, any thing I change I will need to re-imprint the system to assure the best results. Also , Look around most places online either don't sell it, or it is just plain sold out. I found a car audio shop while in california last week who had 14 imprint kits in stock , so I went on and grabbed it to assure I would have it when the head unit came in. www.al-eds.com is the shop I found. I say I found it, but they are a supporting vendor on the FJ forums, and they have a billion stores all over southern california, and As I said, the only folks I could find anywhere that had any imprint kits in stock and for sale. The other item I had to do some serious hunting around for was the KCA-SC100 , satellite brain for and by Alpine . They are also on a national backorder at the moment. Luckily for me, a local audio shop had one left at one of its sister stores in a another small town about 30 minutes away. I got it, and as with everything else I have purchased from alpine, I am completely satisfied. You will not be let down by the performance and sound quality that this deck and imprint gives you...:)

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties

thanks for the info, you have officially got me over the fence onto your side :)

I've been playing with my settings for almost a month and some stuff sounds really good, some stuff sounds really bad and other stuff sounds mind numbingly awesome, so I think the kit is the missing link here...

The alpine remote is quite lacking, I wonder if this one allows you to do more from the remote?

http://www.al-eds.com/product.php?producti...=263&page=1

Huh? I will call them monday or tuesday and ask.....

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

i just got the 9886 w/o the imprint and im throughly impressed with the quality even with no imprint. i went from alpine way back in the day to clarion and i wasnt impressed with the clarion so i went back to alpine. its a solid deck for sure. maybe ill look into this imprint soon, looks tight!

good shit mane looks nice

12" fi q

rf t10001

naw mean

you can still do the imprint programming, I think ( if I am reading the alpine catalog right - spring 2008 ) you just gotta get the PXA-H100 or the PXE-H650 and / or the KTX-H100 ...... Ah hell , I am confused at what you would need . This is why I went with the 9887, real simple and no extra processors to permanently mount , and the cost was damn reasonable for the end result.

reason for edit below....

Okay, on the alpine site it says you need the PXA-H100, which the catalog says that you would still need the KTX-H100 to calibrate, now I can't find these on the alpne site for a MSRP, and I can only assume (?) that the KTX-H100 is the new part number for the KTX-100EQ that I have. I dunno.....

My Kulicki Box Build

you can still do the imprint programming, I think ( if I am reading the alpine catalog right - spring 2008 ) you just gotta get the PXA-H100 or the PXE-H650 and / or the KTX-H100 ...... Ah hell , I am confused at what you would need . This is why I went with the 9887, real simple and no extra processors to permanently mount , and the cost was damn reasonable for the end result.

reason for edit below....

Okay, on the alpine site it says you need the PXA-H100, which the catalog says that you would still need the KTX-H100 to calibrate, now I can't find these on the alpne site for a MSRP, and I can only assume (?) that the KTX-H100 is the new part number for the KTX-100EQ that I have. I dunno.....

yeah, i saw that i needed the extra processor to make the imprint function, but for now i can do without the imprint. just wanted to get back into the alpine scene seeing as i had such good luck with alpine int he past. good shit though man glad to hear its workin out good for you.

12" fi q

rf t10001

naw mean

I dunno, I thought that calling the KTX-100EQ the " Alpine master blaster super duper tuner imprint technology with time correction and frequency equalization adjustment processor six -3000 " was cool, but they apparently didn't wanna know , cause they never called and asked !!!

My Kulicki Box Build

Archived