magillaru Posted September 10, 2014 Report Posted September 10, 2014 EDIT: Hoping to get some help from you guys along the way. See post #3 for some numbers I used to try and get an idea of how to calculate everything. I've been doing a lot of research and looking at build logs so I have a really good idea of what I want to do but need some help with dimensions and port design. Car: 2004 Honda Accord Subs: 2 Fi Team 15s (may consider 4 if I have the space) Amps: 2 Nendo 5500s Electrical: will be up to par *This will be for daily music and demoing. Thanks! Any suggestions and helpful criticism strongly welcomed! Singer Alternators Team Asshole #anothershittysingerbuild
magillaru Posted September 10, 2014 Author Report Posted September 10, 2014 What's up? No love? I'm pumped about this build and plan on posting a detailed log with pictures and videos but stuck with the numbers for the box design.....any thoughts and comments welcomed! Singer Alternators Team Asshole #anothershittysingerbuild
magillaru Posted September 11, 2014 Author Report Posted September 11, 2014 EDIT: Trying to figure this out and punching numbers using an online calculator. Using the above dimensions to get an idea of how go about designing this..... Total volume: H 36" W 52" Top L 28" Bottom L 22" Wood Thickness: 3" Sub Displacement (4 Fi Team 15s): .84 Tuned to 30 Hz Port Diameter: 10" (1 port) Port H:W ratio: 1:0.5 Port L (9.4") x H (12.5") x W (6.3") Total port area = 78.5"^2 (0 common wall port) Do these numbers look right? Again, these are not the exact numbers I will be using. The net volume I will use will be the inside dimensions after all walls are layered but I just want to know if these calculations look correct so when it comes time, I can figure out the port dimensions. Singer Alternators Team Asshole #anothershittysingerbuild
magillaru Posted September 12, 2014 Author Report Posted September 12, 2014 Bump. Trying to figure this out for myself. (see above post) Singer Alternators Team Asshole #anothershittysingerbuild
magillaru Posted September 13, 2014 Author Report Posted September 13, 2014 100+ views and not one response??? I've decided to go with 2 FI Team 15s and 2 5500s. The space I have to play with is listed above. Once I get the final internal dimensions, I will post them but would be an ideal situation for this setup regarding final box volume and port area? I was thinking a center interchangeable port would be a good idea so I could change tuning if needed. Again, this is going to be a daily driver and I was thinking tuned to 30-31 Hz would be a good place to start. Singer Alternators Team Asshole #anothershittysingerbuild
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.