Sonic Electronix

Need input on retro-rod my 72 chevy pickup with Bluetooth and maybe iPad

So I just bought a 72 c10 and I'm going towards a retro rod feeling, old vehicle with new creature comforts, so far converting the bulbs to more efficient LEDs , the headlights I might do proper HID or even try the new LED headlight bulbs. My next step on the truck is the stereo in which I would like to do something Bluetooth based and screen based. My first initial thought was do do an iPad or iPad mini in a center console and have it in a custom console between the bench seat and the dash. The iPad would be cleaner and more streamlined but I think I would have issues streaming music and GPS without having to buy a cell plan for the iPad I would have to buy , and I'm not sure it's possible to efficiently stream data from my iPhone, to the iPad, and then Bluetooth that into the dash radio which I would also have to buy.

So my second thought would to go with a double din that I can fabricate into the console, then I get the iPhone streaming , built in GPS , possible in car call answering , and sat radio if I want it which if you get the basic plan from Sirius it's about $20 for 6 months, but then I've gotta rewire the whole stereo that's in there, and since the dash is already cut for a din radio instead of the shaft radios. I would have two radios in the car. I'm strongly against cutting the dash for a double din since that would bring down the value of the truck from a collectors resale value.

Are there any products I don't know about that can help facilitate what I'm wanting to do or what would you guys do in this case.

Also do you guys have any pics of custom consoles that have been built for antique trucks with bench seats still installed.

This is the closest representation of my interior.

http://www.highoctaneauto.com/images/interior_right_042207.JPG

iPad in the dash via Bluetooth, I'd go with a Rockford Fosgate 360.3 just because it could eliminate the need of a head unit.

Or get a good high end single din, with built in Bluetooth, and stream from the iPad or iPhone.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Pics of truck ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived