Second Skin Audio

Good Pair Of 10's

hey guys ....let me start off by saying this is a great forum and I have enjoyed looking and reading all of th posts .

My question is I need a good pair of 10's to work in a small enclosure that is under the back seat of a 2008 crew cab silverado. I have the box already and I had a pair of elemntal 10's(tried something new) well to make a long story short they did not last very long...approx 2 weeks and blew the surround off one of them. I have been out of car audio for a few years but in the past I have always ran fosgate speakers and amps and loved them, but from advice from another person I tried the elemntals and now wish i hadnt .....

I am looking at the fosgate P3D410 line and I was wondering if anyone had any insight on these and if there was a difference between them and the fosgate P310D4.

reason i am looking at these is the airspace I have is .70cf sealed and a mounting depth of 6.75".

I have an older fosgate power 1000.2 running them....and i love this amp it has been a workhorse for me ......

oh and if anyone wants a pair of elemental 10's ...one of which will be brand new ...I can make a killer deal on some ...

thanks in advance

Clint

hey guys ....let me start off by saying this is a great forum and I have enjoyed looking and reading all of th posts .

My question is I need a good pair of 10's to work in a small enclosure that is under the back seat of a 2008 crew cab silverado. I have the box already and I had a pair of elemntal 10's(tried something new) well to make a long story short they did not last very long...approx 2 weeks and blew the surround off one of them. I have been out of car audio for a few years but in the past I have always ran fosgate speakers and amps and loved them, but from advice from another person I tried the elemntals and now wish i hadnt .....

I am looking at the fosgate P3D410 line and I was wondering if anyone had any insight on these and if there was a difference between them and the fosgate P310D4.

reason i am looking at these is the airspace I have is .70cf sealed and a mounting depth of 6.75".

I have an older fosgate power 1000.2 running them....and i love this amp it has been a workhorse for me ......

oh and if anyone wants a pair of elemental 10's ...one of which will be brand new ...I can make a killer deal on some ...

thanks in advance

Clint

alpine type-r will work with the airspace but the depth is .125" short. you might could take a router to the bottom of the box to make it fit.

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

that is a thought but I would rather not take the box back apart ...I already have it finished ...but i can if that is a last resort ....and I have never run alpine subs .....I run their head units and amps but thats all ...I have the w-205 in my truck now and I love it

that is a thought but I would rather not take the box back apart ...I already have it finished ...but i can if that is a last resort ....and I have never run alpine subs .....I run their head units and amps but thats all ...I have the w-205 in my truck now and I love it

i came from a pair of eD 18's to 2 alpine type-r 12's and with half the power and 1/3 the cone area they come damn close to eD's 18's

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

so your going 4ohm net (2 per channel) bridged?

my old school fosgate amp took net 2ohm (1per channel) bridged all day and really impressed me

Dual 4 version- http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseac...Product_ID=5820

-Drew

(disclaimer, still learning about wiring 2ch amps, i may be mistaken with wiring)

Edited by Noobtastic14

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

ok, dual 4s go down to 1 ohm, dual 2s are what u want

dual 4's can be wired to 4 or 1 ohm which if you bridge the 2 channel it is 4 ohm stable.

get d4's and bridge the amp.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER