re xxx on t600 review

deadbroke

Series won't give you a higher power handling except your speakers will be seeing less power. Running at a higher impedance can give you better SQ.

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

That makes sense so getting back to the review i dont see these speakers taking twice as much clean power as i was giving them. Ill just need to play with the speakers a little more im not too concerned with putting tons of power to them just wanted to match my speakers to the right amp. It should get loud enough with the amount of speakers im putting in and with some tuning im sure it will sound pretty clear

You're learning that what people say about putting massive power on speakers isn't entirely factual. If you test your speakers with the hardest hitting music you have those speakers are never going to take 300W for long. The real benefit of going over on amplifier power is to have real haeadroom for music with a wide dynamic range. Most of the time the amplifier isn't doing much, but when the music suddenly has a big increase in loudness, which is called a transient, that amplifier isn't running out of power so quickly. Classical music is a common example of music with very large dynamic range. Nobody runs enough power to match 20 dB of dynamic range.

Archived