re xxx on t600 review

deadbroke

So last night i hooked up the 360.3 to my t600-4 and had it bridged to 4 re xxx 6.5s and it turned out sweet i have heard about people putting 300 watts plus to these speakers but I'm not so sure they can take it i had roughly 600 watts rms going to the 4 not sure about the birth sheet but i didn't turn it up to my max clean volume and they were definitely getting some excursion just not sure they could take more i had them bandpassed with hpf at 55hz and lpf at 3000hz with a 24 slope. They sounded good put out lots of bass overall i am glad i bought they just not sure how people are putting so much power to them. Maybe my amp was putting out more than 300x2 because the amp got pretty warm and i believe they are 2 ohm speakers ran parallel to each output?

Why didn't you go for a single driver on a single channel at 4 ohms each ???

Sounds like you have plenty of dynamic wiggle room there brother ....

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

The speakers are 2 ohm. I heard some people run them with loads of power im guessing they had them crossed different. I planned to run both doors off a t1000-4 so wiring one door off my t600 will give me an idea what to expect with the t1000. All 4 of these were in my driver door so wiring 8 of them wont give much wiggle room but i see what you were getting at i just wanted to push them a little and they did pretty good

They are beasty little drivers that can get low and loud from the 2 members on here that have reviewed them. But for what every reason they went to pro audio instead. Personally I like the idea of 2 ohm speakers for getting more out of your amps. I know its not the SQ way but it seems to be more of a trend coming out. Hard to have 8 ohm speakers and have the $ to buy a powerful enough amp to push them properly. Or I might be wrong.

Do you have a build log of your system going?

The speakers are 2 ohm. I heard some people run them with loads of power im guessing they had them crossed different. I planned to run both doors off a t1000-4 so wiring one door off my t600 will give me an idea what to expect with the t1000. All 4 of these were in my driver door so wiring 8 of them wont give much wiggle room but i see what you were getting at i just wanted to push them a little and they did pretty good

The way I've seen people make power is going up on ohm loads when running stereo ... My midbass drivers normally run at 8 ohms ...

Headroom is the best way to make power and dynamics.

Series those bad boys up and see what you get ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

Lower ohm loads to a class A/B amplifier causes more stress to the amplifier.

Less stress equals better operating capabilities hence better output power.

Remember that a stereo amplifier makes power at all frequencies whereas class D amplifiers only have to make power at low frequencies.

So after doing a little reading I'm not so sure going up on ohms gives you more headroom or power capability. Headroom is excess power from the amplifier during musical peaks to give you a larger separation in db's from the quieter tones. Speaking on power requirements a 4 ohm speaker takes 70.6 percent of the power to make the same 100 watts that an equivalent 8 ohm speaker would. That makes the 4 ohm more effective at its power handling. The ability to tune your system to the peaks of the music your playing and setting your power handling off that seems like it would give you the best dynamics allowing the less intense sounds to operate under lower power requirements. As best as i could interperate my reading on this i doubt otherwise would be correct. Regardless ill try wiring them in series to see how things sound but i dont see how wiring a speaker to a higher ohm would give you more power handling or better dynamics, thats probably more amplifier dependent but im not an expert

Archived