Second Skin Audio

Need box design for two RF Power HX2 12's

PSD POWER007

If the recones will allow for more power go for it, otherwise and excellent amp on proper electrical, you will get some extra output as they break in so expect that. You need 4 15s at least though see when that can get done lol.

You think that amp would be good for these woofers or do I need more? I don't want to break the bank, but I am in for bang for my buck. I have a friend running these same exact recones by the same builder running a power 1500 each at 2 ohms. He beats the guts out of his.

My electrical is pretty good right now as I never see below 13.8v or so. With that said, I don't really wanna over power what I have now. That's why that 2200 was appealing for the price. But if there is something better for not much more, I'm game!

Since subs are not stock I can't really answer the question, it depends on how the builder rates the subs, for the stock ones that amp would work fine, your electrical for sure is holding right now but you will have to check it out after the amp upgrade, your best bet is ask the builder, tell him the subs are on 2.25 net@33Hz each so that he can issue an opinion on how much power should you give so that the subs stay stable both mechanically and thermally, very important I should add is using your subsonic filter to 28Hz or so, that reduces power draw on infrasonic frequencies and helps mechanical control of the subs under tuning.

All parameters are same as stock with the exception of the 4ohm coil instead of the stock 2 ohm. Builder runs the same exact woofers in a net 4.25 ft3 tuned to 34hz feeding each about 1700wrms at 2 ohms. He said the Q2200 would be a great match for my set up although they would take a good bit more clean power.

Joe, you shouldn't tempt me to take out the 3rd row seat LOL

Heck I can't right now, I coach youth sports and haul too many kids around regularly!

I wouldn't even think of the audiopipes and such, if the subs are good for 1500 each, you won't see any significant losses running them at ~1100 each so I guess the SQ 2200 should suffice while keeping your budget in check, quality 3K+ amps are more expensive definitely.

Archived