Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Need box design for two RF Power HX2 12's


PSD POWER007

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have the means to build my own enclosure no matter how complicated. I just need a good box design. It will be going in my Ford Excursion fitting as tight as possible behind the third seat. I've got 48" wide x 14" deep x 18" tall to work with. Was thinking common chamber with woofers up and ports back, but I'm here asking the experts for a reason. I'm hoping to do my build in the next few days, so possible aero ports are out, but I'm game for round ports or slot ports. Wanna be tuned around 34 Hz. But again, I want what's the absolute best for these woofers. Right now I'm running a RF Power 1000bd at 1 ohm till I can get my hands on an old school 1500bd. Can't tell I like the old stuff huh!

BTW, I listen to all kinds of music, country, pop, rock, hip hop, rap...

Posted

So here is a suggestion, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4", figure is just an assembly guide:

2hx212.jpg

2x12_SUPB_low_depth.jpg

Posted

I did some more measuring last night, I thought about the lips on the side trim, and 48" will be my max width. If this was your box Joe, would you go this route with the orientation of the woofers and port or would you do something different? Thanks!

Posted

I did some more measuring last night, I thought about the lips on the side trim, and 48" will be my max width. If this was your box Joe, would you go this route with the orientation of the woofers and port or would you do something different? Thanks!

Updated to 48W, this is one way to go and it should do well given that you have the minimum port clearance specified.

Posted

If you did it different, how would you do it? Just wanna explore all of my options before I dive off into a build. I want it to be loud, but sound good no matter what music that I listen to. Thanks again for your time!!!

Posted

In reading another box build thread, I saw where you guys said that what ohm VC you run would change box design. My HX2's are freshly rebuilt with D4 coils running at 1 ohm together on my amp. Just wanted the add that in Joe. Thanks!

Posted

The box posted is a well proven setup, I don't think doing it differently will result in any groundbreaking improvements but if someone has something else to offer though they may chime in. If the subs were rebuilt to spec or near spec you won't notice any significant differences except that they will take some time to break in, if they were rebuilt to a different spec, say, different moving mass, compliance, etc, then I would need to look at their t/s parameters to see if a different spec is needed.

Posted

They were built to spec soft part wise. Only 4 ohm coils instead of 2 ohm. Builder used Team Rockford parts. They are still very tight but slowly loosening up. Very impressed with the build quality. Is this box giving the proper amount of air space, or did you have to cut it down to meet my space requirements?

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

I built this box over the weekend. My woofers seem quite happy. Time to find more power to really make this set up shine!

Thanks Joe X for taking the time to throw out all of these designs!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5208 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...