Second Skin Audio

Need box design for two RF Power HX2 12's

PSD POWER007

I have the means to build my own enclosure no matter how complicated. I just need a good box design. It will be going in my Ford Excursion fitting as tight as possible behind the third seat. I've got 48" wide x 14" deep x 18" tall to work with. Was thinking common chamber with woofers up and ports back, but I'm here asking the experts for a reason. I'm hoping to do my build in the next few days, so possible aero ports are out, but I'm game for round ports or slot ports. Wanna be tuned around 34 Hz. But again, I want what's the absolute best for these woofers. Right now I'm running a RF Power 1000bd at 1 ohm till I can get my hands on an old school 1500bd. Can't tell I like the old stuff huh!

BTW, I listen to all kinds of music, country, pop, rock, hip hop, rap...

I did some more measuring last night, I thought about the lips on the side trim, and 48" will be my max width. If this was your box Joe, would you go this route with the orientation of the woofers and port or would you do something different? Thanks!

Updated to 48W, this is one way to go and it should do well given that you have the minimum port clearance specified.

The box posted is a well proven setup, I don't think doing it differently will result in any groundbreaking improvements but if someone has something else to offer though they may chime in. If the subs were rebuilt to spec or near spec you won't notice any significant differences except that they will take some time to break in, if they were rebuilt to a different spec, say, different moving mass, compliance, etc, then I would need to look at their t/s parameters to see if a different spec is needed.

They were built to spec soft part wise. Only 4 ohm coils instead of 2 ohm. Builder used Team Rockford parts. They are still very tight but slowly loosening up. Very impressed with the build quality. Is this box giving the proper amount of air space, or did you have to cut it down to meet my space requirements?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived