Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Rebuild or reuse?


FknCrawler

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a slot port box right now that is 15x35x20. I want to go to aero port. I picked up cardboard tubing from work that is 4.5 in diameter.

I can fiberglass it to give it strength. Should I rebuild a box with the aeros or could I reuse the box I have and just play with the length and number of ports?

1992 Honda Civic CX Hatchback

K24a2 Swap

 

Posted

I would rebuild And a cardboard tube isn't an aeroport.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

After thinking about it, rebuilding would be the better choice. Well a cardboard port then(sonotube?). Would pvc work better?

1992 Honda Civic CX Hatchback

K24a2 Swap

 

Posted

Not saying they won't work as a port but the aero ports get a increase in efficiency because of the flared ends. If you don't have flared ends it's just a round port.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Posted

Not saying they won't work as a port but the aero ports get a increase in efficiency because of the flared ends. If you don't have flared ends it's just a round port.

Oh okay. I didn't know that. Thanks.

1992 Honda Civic CX Hatchback

K24a2 Swap

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5298 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...