Want To Bag My Sebring Convertible

found a conv. thats been droped. wow, maybe there is light at the end of the tunnel.

http://www.streetsource.com/ViewOwnerProfi...Profileid=30194

so can someone steer me in the forward direction? is there some kind of universal kit i can get or somethen like that?

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Polk Audio Font & Rear Stage

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

12" Rockford Fosgate Power HX2

T-Line tuned to 45hz

18"BTL T-line @31Hz (9 weeks pregnant)

what kind of strut does your vehicle have Chapman or Mcphearson?

i think i got a mcphearson, im relitivly new to suspension but how do i know the diffrence?

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

T-Line tuned to 45hz

You can get universal cylinders but the brackets are vehicle specific. I would call www.suicidedoors.com and talk to them. If you want a good kit they are some of the best. Airbagit or whatever name they are going by this week has kits for it but i wouldn't trust the box they are shipped in, they only sell the cheapest crap they can get their hands on. You may find a bag over strut front and cylinder rear setup rides better than cylinders all the way around, good luck it will be the first conv seabring i have ever seen bagged.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

• 2 weeks later...

hydraulics is the best answer for you. you will get absolutely 0 drop out of your build if you go universal. hydros scare you bla bla bla, its all lies. a good clean dro setup is just as safe and CLEAN as an air setup. ride just as good and last just as long (or longer).

If you've been doing something for 20 years, does that mean what you do it right???

Want:

2x Phoenix Gold RSD65CS

Comp Amp Undecided

AA Havoc

AQ 1200

knu wiring

set scew lugs for all connections

Alpine IDA-X303 2v preout :(--this goes under the seat.

Have:

Alpine tape deck w/ Benzi Box and 6 disc changer

Check out my Toyota build

• 2 months later...

what kind of hydro system would work for my car?

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

T-Line tuned to 45hz

hydraulics is the best answer for you. you will get absolutely 0 drop out of your build if you go universal. hydros scare you bla bla bla, its all lies. a good clean dro setup is just as safe and CLEAN as an air setup. ride just as good and last just as long (or longer).

Can you clarify the reasoning behind your statement? I don't see how he would get zero drop out of a bag setup. Are you referring to Universal as in the company or the "fit all" bag setup?

Shawn

anyone know anything about hydros or bags for sebrings?

03 Trailblazer EXT LT

In Dash

Rear Flip Down

Hifonics Zeus 4 Chan Amp

Hifonics Brutus Mono Amp

T-Line tuned to 45hz

• 2 weeks later...

I too have a 2000 Sebring Vert and want to bag it. Hydraulics won't work because my trunk is 100% full of stereo equipment. I can't believe that all the custom fabricating happening on this site and we can't get a solid answer. Chicks love convertibles WAY more than hardtops and I picked this one because it has the biggest trunk for a newer car. Come on guys!

Arc Audio

Pioneer

Memphis

Massive

Mechman

Rockford Fosgate

Dakota Digital

Soon to be DC audio!!!

I too have a 2000 Sebring Vert and want to bag it. Hydraulics won't work because my trunk is 100% full of stereo equipment. I can't believe that all the custom fabricating happening on this site and we can't get a solid answer. Chicks love convertibles WAY more than hardtops and I picked this one because it has the biggest trunk for a newer car. Come on guys!

Well I am pretty sure it would be possible to bag a Sebring. Right now there are no companies that offer a direct kit for that application. So measurements and pictures would have to be taken to see what bags can fit and give the lift needed.

I spoke to my vendor about bagging a Sebring and he was willing to see what he could come up with. But he needed more measurments, pictures and possibly a working strut assembly to fabricate the bag mounts.

I still haven't seen pictures of the rear suspension setup to determine what would be needed for the back.

A strut assembly bag can be done very easily, but to be done properly, meaning not gonna have issues a year down the road, there has to be more thought than just slapping something together. IMHO.

Shawn

Archived