Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Need help with enclosure for 2 Tantric HD 12's


roadw3

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am needing some help or even a diagram for an enclosure for 2 Tantric HD 12's in a Fox body Mustang GT Hatchback. My measurements are 35L x 13H x 18.5D. I am powering the subs with 2 series 8 Hifonics Zeus amps with each amp bridges at 4 ohms. The amps are rated for 900RMS each so it should power the subs in a ported enclosure. The main thing is specs for these subs is almost non existent, at least that I can find. I have emailed the company but have not gotten a response. What I have been able to find is 1 - 1.5 sealed and 1.75 to 2.5 ported 16 inches of port per cube 20-24 inches long.

I was going to use the enclosure subs and port facing front or subs and port facing rear.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Eric

Posted

HD's like a LOT of port. And larger boxes. 2.3 cubes each with 16 inches per is a good starting point. They will do well on 1k a piece but will come REALLY alive with 2k each.

edit, they displace roughly .21 cubes a piece. There's a guy here that runs 2 of them on a 5k in a Prelulde, he is on TDH. Look him up, his name escapes me, and send him a PM to get his opinion on it. Murphy's advice to me is to build them big with a TON of port, that's what I did for my HD15.

another edit, his name is Ludeman, runs 2 HD10's on a Cactus 5k. Try pm-ing tantric sounds on here too, they get pretty clogged with emails.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

I appreciate the help. I don't have that type of room in the back of my car. It's a fox body mustang GT and unless I did subs up port back and built the enclosure no higher then 11.5 inches I guess I could fill the hatch area. It looks like I need to sell them or use them sealed.

Posted

If you could run a single with both of those amps, somewhere around 2k, it would get down really well. 2.0 cubes with a single 5 inch aero tuned to 31ish would get rowdddyyy

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

The amps are old school ZED made HiFonics, back when they rated everything at 12 volt. They are big and bulky and well, old school. They are A/B and rated at 4 ohm bridged or 2 ohm stereo and of course 4 ohm stereo. The subs are 2/2ohm coils.

Posted

Shit yeah, so 1800-2200ish?

HD will take that all day long.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7903 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...