teamSPB Posted October 8, 2014 Report Posted October 8, 2014 We saw a couple of R32's and they were all dogs frankly...constantly getting the 'oh the car is mint, its absolutely perfect, once you see it you will buy it blah blah blah'...in the end we saw a few and I do not know how people can call a car 'mint' or 'immaculate' when you have paint stains all over it from when the next door neighbours were painting the front of their house, or when the engine management light was on yet the car is perfect, or when there are interior trim panels missing etc! After seeing the last car in Slough and being put off thinking that we werent going to find one, one last trip to Coventry and we found this beauty! 79k on the clock 1 owner from new (from memory) Every single receipt from brand new New tyres all round Miltek exhaust (the only mod done to the car) Every service stamp from main dealer apart from 2-3 which were done from a VAG specialist VERY VERY clean inside and out And being DBP it stood out from the previous coloured R32's we saw (and resembled my old Focus RS lol) A deal was struck and we took the car home there and then! Heres some pics as it was advertised; The drive home was lovely, smooth, elegant, and event free! Car had plenty of power (which I dont think is enough poke coming from a 430hp Focus lol) especially for the wife (shes coming from a 1.4 Corsa SRI!!) There were a few marks on the outside, but as I detail cars as part of my work I knew it was no issue for me to sort out. It didnt stay standard for too long though and me being me...was ordering parts as soon as it got home lol!!!
teamSPB Posted October 8, 2014 Author Report Posted October 8, 2014 One of the first mods we did with the car was to add a different diffuser...my Focus RS had a carbon diffuser as well as carbon mirrors and carbon front splitter...Liking the carbon/blue theme...my wife wanted a Carbon diffuser on it! So I managed to track one down and fitted it...its not the best fit...but it works and looks good! I also sourced some carbon mirrors caps for it, but im not sure about using them...I might leave them...the caps were like stick on carbon...when I thought they were proper carbon versions of the mirror. Never mind! I know I can get them to work..but needs a bit more effort to make them work as well as I would want them to!
teamSPB Posted October 8, 2014 Author Report Posted October 8, 2014 The car sat stock for a few daysThen it was time for the obligatory upgrade to LED lights!The car came with a Parrot kit that I wanted to remove as I didnt like the cluttered look. As good as the kit was, I would rather have a simpler sleaker looking dash...to my horror, when the kit was removed, the wiring behind it was a nightmare! So I had to sort it all out of course!Then this happened LOL
teamSPB Posted October 8, 2014 Author Report Posted October 8, 2014 As stated, it was time to upgrade the shocking R32 audio system!The plans for the R32 was to have a kit of Gladen VW upgrade speakers available for customers to listen to, but also be able to have the ability to be very flexible with any equipment I wanted to run in the vehicle and fulfil my very high needs and expectations (when it comes to audio systems!)The final spec of the system ended up being;RNS510 headunit with MDI optionMosconi 6to8 processorGladen Audio VW Mk5 speaker upgrade - 3 way kit consisting of Gladen 8inch subwoofers, 4inch midrange and a pair of tweetersMosconi ONE 120.4 amplifierGladen Audio Zero Pro 12inch subwooferTru Tech Hammer H-1 amplifierGladen audio VW Mk5 8inch subwoofers in rear doors (just the woofers)
gally Posted October 8, 2014 Report Posted October 8, 2014 install looks nice so far....but i like the house better in the first pic 2010 Chevrolet Cruze Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5" Sub Control --- Pac LC1 Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1 Battery - GZBP 12.2500X
teamSPB Posted November 7, 2014 Author Report Posted November 7, 2014 I think its time to get this back on track! One thing with the RNS510, is it needed two ariel inputs which we had in the car, but they were single connectors rather than the single block that we needed. So we sourced one and installed it…perfect working radio! It also meant we had to change the CANBUS module as the earlier Mk5 Golf's keep the stereo on (even if it is powered down) and eventually drain the battery. With the CANBUS module fitted, some coding work, the installation was complete! All in and working! The door cards also received the deadening treatment…getting the wife to help out here lol. They were treated with 2mm Silent Coat and them Silent Coat Absorber 15 and 35 Now all the speakers were in and ready for an amp, we used this wiring harness available in our store which allows you to seamlessly integrate between an OEM stereo and an amplifier with a High Level input, in our case, a Mosconi ONE 120.4. It is basically a T-piece harness that plugs into your existing Quadlock harness, gives you RCA connectors and speaker cables to plug into the amplifier. So you have your high level signals going into the amplifier, and you have your speaker cable leads already connector to get the signal back up the car and into the doors. When you want to move on and remove the audio system, you can simply remove this cable and begin returning the vehicle back to OEM!
teamSPB Posted November 26, 2014 Author Report Posted November 26, 2014 Time for some deadening! In this stage, only the boot floor and rear arches were covered, the tailgate, rear doors, floor and roof still need to be done. Ill be revisiting the rear arches at some point to cover with some CCF and MLV to help reduce road noise. Needed to test the amp and front stage to make sure it all worked as expected…and was keep the hear the Gladen front end in action so excuse the temporary wiring etc Floor panels being built Box and pretty panels getting sorted, you can just about see the bracing inside the box there, front panel is 36mm thick and later becomes 54mm with the trim ring! Perspex panel testing Letting the perspex panel adhere to the box overnight
Blue Posted November 27, 2014 Report Posted November 27, 2014 What is that connector called for the back of the radio? I'm going to need that for my mk6 gti. formerly known as Blue86f150 its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies. Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive this sux camel dicks
teamSPB Posted November 27, 2014 Author Report Posted November 27, 2014 http://www.teamspb.co.uk/product-p/2channel5ql.htm Thats the link to my site but I'm based in the UK. If you speak to your local authorised Gladen/Mosconi dealer, I'm sure they can get them ordered in for you.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.