scooter99 Posted October 9, 2014 Report Posted October 9, 2014 I need some help from the community on something that's puzzling me. So a few months ago I paid to have a design done for a 4th order blow through for 2 xl 15's on 2 crescendo 3500's. Since then several things have happened, and decisions have been made, and long story short I decided to keep everything I had sub and amp wise, etc. Well I was going to keep the Beast F350 I had to do a blow through etc. I decided that since I now have a newer F250 (2006), and I don't have time for other hobbies, I'm just going to sell the beast and use the money from that for wheels and tires and a lift and a shell for this one. That all brings me to my question. I'm weighing options for sound. I'm pretty sure I can get the 2 xl 12's in a center console enclosure ported. However, I'm certain that it will take away any leg room in the rear seat in the middle. I'm guessing it'll have to be pretty bulky back there. But it's an option. The other option is a 4th order blow through with 4 12's I don't really want to cut the cab, much anyway, or I'd just do ported. However I think I can get away with a port cut out. I do still need the truck for hauling on occasion, dump runs, material runs etc, so I'll need to be able to remove the enclosure if the time comes. I have that design I mentioned above for the 2 xl 15's. I currently have 2 xl 12's. My question is, could I take that design for the 15's, and use it to do 4 xl 12's? Or is there too much difference in air space. Thanks for the time. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Triticum Agricolam Posted October 9, 2014 Report Posted October 9, 2014 Bandpass boxes are complex and picky things, I can't tell you for sure it won't work, but the chances of it working well are very slim. It would be like buying a pair of shoes without knowing the size and just hoping they will fit your feet. Also just to nitpick a bit, any box with a single vented chamber is a fourth order design, so that includes all regular ported boxes. So when you call a fourth order bandpass just a "fourth order" it's not entirely accurate, even though we all probably know what you are referring to. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
scooter99 Posted October 9, 2014 Author Report Posted October 9, 2014 Ok thanks for the info. Facebook Page: S99Creations 2006 F250 Lariat Build
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.