BigManAC Posted October 11, 2014 Report Posted October 11, 2014 From what I've seen on this fours there are a lot of mixed feeling about the Hifonics, Although some say they do it on a daily basis, it's not recommended to run a lower impedance load in an amp than what it's rated for. A big part to keep your equipment safe is setting the gains correctly which it looks like you plan on doing. I would look into building a box. Even if it's slightly bigger than the one you have now you can make it work. 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
jlr0412jdr1024 Posted October 11, 2014 Author Report Posted October 11, 2014 Thanks for all the recommendations guys I am going to look into the other amps recommended and such. Speaking of the other amps I was looking at the DC 3.5k and running the gain lower so I don't hit it as hard just in case I go up to more than one of these level 4's or go to a level 5. Do we know if the 3.5k will handle 2 level 4's or 2 level 5's? I plan on getting a tahe or suburban and trying to take it as far as my bank account will allow me. Current equipment: 2 Dc Audio Level 4 12's Dc Audio 5.0k Alpine Type r components 5.25 and 5.25 Co ax 1 Hifonics brx 640.4 for highs and mids Regular battery and 2 D3400 ALL OF THIS IN A 2009 AVEO 5 AKA THE SMURF TURD
Cj Kumz Posted October 11, 2014 Report Posted October 11, 2014 It would work well on 2 level 4s. The level 5s would be underpowered. Just build an efficient box and set gains right. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
jlr0412jdr1024 Posted October 11, 2014 Author Report Posted October 11, 2014 Thanks may just go with 2 of the level 4's and go with the Dc amp as well so it is all matched Current equipment: 2 Dc Audio Level 4 12's Dc Audio 5.0k Alpine Type r components 5.25 and 5.25 Co ax 1 Hifonics brx 640.4 for highs and mids Regular battery and 2 D3400 ALL OF THIS IN A 2009 AVEO 5 AKA THE SMURF TURD
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.