Newbie building new doorpanels, need input

Sonic10

Here is how my setup is, currently I am redoing the crossover section, don't like how round the ends are...sorry didn't mean to jackthread you...but it gives you some ideas

FECA942D-5F8F-48F3-8ED9-4A7B11315DC6.jpg

Thank you sir, I build the kick Panels last winter and decided this spring i wanted midbass in the kick panels and doors with midrange so i have widdled away at these doors for a couple months but with 72+ hrs a week i havent been able to finish until work season is over.

First attemp to fiberglass was the kick panels. Second the doors.

doorpanel005_zpsdc205961.jpg

From this to....

IMG_1725_zps17723b07.jpg

THAT! Hell YA

Here is how my setup is, currently I am redoing the crossover section, don't like how round the ends are...sorry didn't mean to jackthread you...but it gives you some ideas

Nice work man. No worries on thread jacking. I am sure we are helping OP. Mics speak louder than words IMO.

Nono keep it coming, this gives me ideas how to do mine :) Looks very good!

Chrysler Stratus

DD Cs 6.5

DD A2

ZV4 12

DD M1c

1/0 Gauge

SHCA

I would go passive for your setup, unless you have the tools to do active...a lot of things to factor in, just keep it simple and go passive...

Ye i thought so, i just bought a new headunit it stood between a Pioneer deh x6600Dab and the Pioneer deh-80prs. Thinking i wouldn't go active.. i regret it now doh

Probably easier for me to go passive, dont have the tools or knowledge to go active yet.

Chrysler Stratus

DD Cs 6.5

DD A2

ZV4 12

DD M1c

1/0 Gauge

SHCA

I would go passive for your setup, unless you have the tools to do active...a lot of things to factor in, just keep it simple and go passive...

Ye i thought so, i just bought a new headunit it stood between a Pioneer deh x6600Dab and the Pioneer deh-80prs. Thinking i wouldn't go active.. i regret it now doh

Probably easier for me to go passive, dont have the tools or knowledge to go active yet.

Nothing wrong with start out passive, active isnt as hard as people make it sound just takes knowledge to not hurt equipment. 80-PRS is a great HU for either set up IMO.

Are those PPI's in your doors?

Yea black ice models...they sound pretty good too for being cheap

Right on, just goes to show the importance of being able to tune & EQ speakers to sound good. My first go around with the T2 comps in my doors was a learning lesson. Threw them in the stock location and they sounded ok at best. So after research i found that install had more to do with SQ than speaker so i tore the doors down to deaden and seal them up. I mean like 80 hrs worth of work on 4 doors and my speakers came to life with midbass and clarity. One of many learning lessons in this hobby.

Archived