Second Skin Audio

3 subs

The dimensions you provide result in a 5 cubes gross internal volume, using 60 square inches of port and adding subs displacements, tuning to 36 Hz it will end up about 3.8 net so box seems good enough. The extra power won't help that much output.

Unless something is wrong that I am not aware of (gains, electrical, port area etc) it looks to me that your system is nearly maxed out. You'll have to check everything is right but if it is and you want a significant bump in output, you will want to upgrade.

It is pretty loud for just 2 12s and a cheap amp it's louder than most people's systems it looks like irragi makes a high output alternator for my car the engine wasn't listed it said to list it in the notes it's 555 bucks for a 320 amp alternator I don't think I need one that big could I get the 170 amp alternator. Would that be sufficient with a xs power xp2000 to run those 2 hifonics 1500 watt amps I'm guessing there around 1000 watts the guy said he clamped them at 1300 at 1 ohm

I would need to have full dimensions of your box to know exactly how is made but due to port and drivers displacements it can't be 5 cubes, pretty sure it's around 4 net which is about right for those subs.

The E12s won't take 1300 each so if you don't want to build a larger box you could place subs with better power handling however just by changing to 15s that will increase your output by at least 3 dB on the same power, you would need to double your power to have 12s give that kind of output, this is a just a theoretical estimate of course but gives you an idea how important cone area is to output.

If you are pushing 1K to 2 E12s is fair to say that you would get increased output out of 2 SA-15s on the same power to E12sV1, some modeling data suggests about 3 dB of increased output in the box specs mentioned above at tuning, still an estimate but it gives you an idea. You would simply have to cross the thermal limit of the E12s to get that output.

Archived