Sonic Electronix

So my current setup was 2 12w6 JL audio subs with a 1000/1 rocksford amp. I blew a voice coil, so I am keeping 1 sub and the amp, and buying a 13w7. I was looking at this amp but If i bought only 1 sub, I would have to run it in 3 ohms i believe

The link to the amp is here
http://www.jlaudio.com/hd1200-1-car-audio-hd-amplifiers-98250

now this is only a JL amp that I have looked at, would it be worth looking into an amp that can support .75 ohms?

Everything helps guys, thanks again!

You would just want to wire that sub to 3 OHM's but it can be wired down to .75OHM's. As for the amplifier, looks like a solid choice.

If you have that much money to spend, you should also look into DC Audio or Digital Designs. If you just want a lot of power for cheap, you should check into SoundQubed.

You would just want to wire that sub to 3 OHM's but it can be wired down to .75OHM's. As for the amplifier, looks like a solid choice.

If you have that much money to spend, you should also look into DC Audio or Digital Designs. If you just want a lot of power for cheap, you should check into SoundQubed.

Thanks for the advice, any dc amps that will support under 1 ohm? or should i run in parallel. What would your choice from the brand be? Money isn't to big of a deal

No reason to wire that low buy something that puts out the power you want at a higher ohm load.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

No reason to wire that low buy something that puts out the power you want at a higher ohm load.

If you can afford it, this. That way next time u upgrade drop the amp down to one ohm and let it wang!

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

i got a hd1200 powering both of my 13w7s and it pounds, but it does get hot at low impedance, mine is wired at 1.5 ohm. with 1w7 youll be at 3 ohm or .75. Mine gets hot at 1.5 ohm so i cant imagine it at .75. The amp is nice, but if you're going to run the sub in a ported box, and you're set on JL (nice to match amps and subs if u got the money IMO) get the JL 1200/1v3. It has a selectable subsonic filter, the hd1200 has one that is set at 30 hz, which can either be turned on or off. If your running sealed, it doesnt matter, no need for subsonic filter. Itll be tough to blow that w7 on clean power, so i don't think youll be smelling anymore voice coils :)

2004 Jeep Liberty Limited

2 13w7s

skar 3500

cnf mids (soon)

xs batteries

Archived