Second Skin Audio

help building 4th order bandpass box

What do you hope to accomplish with a bandpass box that you can't accomplish with a ported box? I thought from your other thread that you are limited on space? A bandpass box is not going to help you any in that regard.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I want my subs to face in so I don't have as much trunk rattle but they don't sound good and aren't as loud facing inside the car as they are facing towards the back of the car it could just be the box I'm not sure but I think maybe a bandpass box will sound better with the port firing in the car maybe I'm wrong. I don't get why everyone else has there subs facing inside the car and it sounds good and its loud mine is not anywhere near as loud or sounds as good as facing the other way

I would strongly suggest you build a good ported box, face it forward, and then seal it off from the trunk. The reason its doesn't sound good facing forward now is the soundwave is bouncing off the back of your trunk and canceling out. If you seal it off that won't happen.

A bandpass box isn't going to fix that issue for you.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived