couchlockd's daily 04 grand prix.

well this is what happend, sounds like shit and has what seems like slow response when i pushed her back. then i pushed it back to the cab and got some left over pipe insulation frome water heater installs, and sealed it up all around the edges and top. there is a gaping hole in the rear deck were the factory amp was. but either way, when i sealed it up as best i could, i did notice a definate increase in felt bass.

i judge this by how far pennies jump in the ash tray when i play a 40hz 0db test tone.

i know the seal job is at maybe at best 90% sealed off, imma get some MDF and just frame the trunk opening to the back seat , and then seal the box in it.

now this is the thing, i do have 3 of these 12's 2 d4 ohm and one single 4ohm. when wired like so, woofer 1 = coils series 8 ohm load, woofer 2 = coils in parallel 2 ohm load and wire them all together series which would give a 1.14 ohm load at nominal impeadance.

i really want all three in there. maybe sealed box cab fired , not sure just yet

Archived