Sonic Electronix

Trying to decide between an amp that does around 4k @ 1 ohm ran at .5 ohm or two 3k amps strapped at 2 ohms. I have been told by some that they have actually been more quite when strapping amps. Then I read that rise is spit between amps when strapped so it seems that the strapped amps would make more power. Im thinking I can get a little over 4k with the one amp and maybe 1800 per amp with the strapped amps if they see 2 ohms after rise so 3600. Does this sound correct? Which would you choose, price is very similar with each? They will be powering two Z v.3 15's.

So you think you'll see over 4k out of a 4k but only 3600 out of two 3k's because why? You do realize two 3k's strapped at 2 ohm each amp will see 1ohm so you be looking at 6k assuming said amps are doing rated.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

So you think you'll see over 4k out of a 4k but only 3600 out of two 3k's because why? You do realize two 3k's strapped at 2 ohm each amp will see 1ohm so you be looking at 6k assuming said amps are doing rated.

The single amp has been clamp at 4k to around 1 ohm after rise. With the 3k's I was thinking that if strapped at 2 ohm and each amp sees 1 ohm but each amp rises to around 2 ohm these amps only put out around 1800 at 2 ohms. Im asking to see if my reasoning is correct. If Im wrong please tell me. Others have told me they were louder with a single amp.

Archived