Sundown Audio

Orion xtr 2200.1d

els1989

And yea it filled my truck up with smoke I had to pull off the freeway... It still stinks I took the cover off and inspected on the side of the road... Are these amps just junk now or what? I even stopped at an audio place... Guy was trying to push a re amp on me lol

yeah, prob not worth fixing it, better off getting something with a warrenty for prob the same price you would pay to get the other one fixed. either something just gave up in the amp or there is another issue that hasn't been found yet. have you checked your sub wires and wiring into the box ect

I initially thought one of my subs was fried solid... Because a seized sub would cause my amp to overheat but both subs free air tested fine in my tacoma... The amp in that truck used to be what powered my gmc... It's an mtx rfl 1200d.. Which also fried once before.. I sent it to the manufacture and they rebuilt it for 85 bucks... W shipping it cost me 115 to have a brand new amp again... But the power wire for the cooling fan was leaning- up against the mofset heat sink and melted through to create an arc that fried my power supply... This orion amp I can't find nothing obvious for the cause... The rfl is now powering 1 fi SSD 10 at 145.6 db

Contacted orion aka( md audio engineering ) today. It's gonna be covered under warranty waiting for an rta# the nd she's gonna be getting rebuilt for cost of shipping woop woop

Think it's time to upgrade the gmc... I've seen dual 10" ported enclosures that tuck under the back seat... Ready to get rid of the sealed dual squares

Archived