Kevin M Posted October 22, 2014 Report Posted October 22, 2014 Infinite baffle can be done a variety of ways. The most important thing is to make sure that the front and rear wave are separate. Otherwise you get poor group delay. Most sub's will work IB. In broad strokes you need a sub with a lower Fs, healthy xmax, and a QTs Of more than .45, and a lower Vas. I used 3 18" but then again I did remove my back seat. Some sub's work better than others with the trunk sealed. I closed the external vent and gained some musicality and a couple db. It was the cleanest most effortless bass I've ever had. I'll put up a pic of my old setup when I get home from school to give you a better idea. 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
Jessica Posted October 22, 2014 Report Posted October 22, 2014 This is no longer an IB discussion, but rather if the trunk can be sealed and supported properly to become an actual box. I still say no, not with even close to the results of a proper box of similar air space. I know people who could. Look what Tim prins did with cavzilla. With enough fiberglass and bracing it is doable. Does the OP have that level of skill is the question. Next question is if 18's will even fit with a port. Then if he needs 99% of the trunk for the box where is the amp and any extra batteries going to go? Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Kevin M Posted October 24, 2014 Report Posted October 24, 2014 He could do two 15" IB. They could get plenty loud enough. You just need to deaden the hell out of the trunk. IA flatlyne work great IB and have plenty of xmax for example. You don't need 10x the vas to make it sound good or make it work. Here is a pic of what I'm talking about. 3 18" in my Malibu. 100 lb baffle. It is true I deleted the rear seat but there was still less than 30 usable cubes. Played everything. 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
Eric0817 Posted October 24, 2014 Author Report Posted October 24, 2014 I can do the 18's I measured and they fit with an inch on each side, and by deadned you mean something like 2nd skin?
Kevin M Posted October 24, 2014 Report Posted October 24, 2014 Yeah second skin will work. I also filled the trunk lid with expanding foam. The baffle I made was reinforced with 2by's and non hardening modeling clay. You do an IB setup you have to go that extra mile. Sound deadening is critical 2005 Ford Focus zx4 AMT's and Planars 18" Infinite baffle
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.