Eric0817 Posted October 21, 2014 Report Posted October 21, 2014 I was looking around and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, from my understanding an infinity baffle is just a sub with realistically no box with free flow. That being correct I would Imagine they are not the most efficient type of enclosure. I will be starting my build very soon but I'm stuck here because I'm buying 2 platform 2 psi 18's with the 1800rms package, and a crescendo bc3500. So I'm figuring just under 4000rms at 1ohm would be kind of a waste and not using its full potential. My trunk is just around 11 cubic ft and the subs need 4 1/4 to 7 1/2 cubic feet each so 8 1/2 to 15 cubes ported. Now my question is can I fiber glass my whole trunk and seal it off properly and port the wall to act as a true-ish ported box?
ToNasty Posted October 21, 2014 Report Posted October 21, 2014 infinate baffle, and you need to look for a sub thats right for infinate baffle ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Eric0817 Posted October 21, 2014 Author Report Posted October 21, 2014 @ToNasty it says it can be used in bandpass, Infinite, ported and sealed
ToNasty Posted October 21, 2014 Report Posted October 21, 2014 ok well do you even have the room? and power requirment for IB setups is differant ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Eric0817 Posted October 21, 2014 Author Report Posted October 21, 2014 @ToNasty Room as in trunk space? And as for power I'm upgrading my alt, batt and big 3
ToNasty Posted October 21, 2014 Report Posted October 21, 2014 you dont need a ton of power for IB in my opinion. The sub is basically free air so it takes less power to get it moving, mechanical kimits will be reached quicker ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
Eric0817 Posted October 21, 2014 Author Report Posted October 21, 2014 @ToNasty that's what I'm wondering, if I can manage to properly seal the entire trunk and slap a port in the wall, realistically it should act just like any other ported right?
ToNasty Posted October 21, 2014 Report Posted October 21, 2014 there is not a port in IB I dont know what your talking about ***Super Sellers List***http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers
jk13 Posted October 21, 2014 Report Posted October 21, 2014 IB is actually very efficient. I've built a few, usually to save weight. You have to 100% seal off the trunk from the car. As far as glassing the whole trunk and porting, the issue will still be flex. On 3500 watts 2 18s will flex the trunk lid to the point of "unsealing" the enclosure. ToNasty is right, best for lower power applications usually. I ran 3 12s on 350 watts each in my 91 SE-R and that was about the limit of what that car could handle. Short of using hood pins or bolting the lid shut, in my experience it'll be too much for the car. Static drops are my bag.
Eric0817 Posted October 21, 2014 Author Report Posted October 21, 2014 I'm not talking about a true IB, I want to have the wall behind the seats, but once I have that wall, I want to completely seal the trunk as air tight as possible, the cut the 2 circles and a port, does that make more sense?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.