Tweeter Protection?

audiofanaticz

im thinkin the 2 capasitor lookin things cause the mids would need a heavyer way of cuttin down high freq n cuttin out some lows so thats what the big rolls of copper wire that looks like a voice coil i think, i had to fix my polks xover so that might be what it is or vica verca

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i think i found it. right in front of my face... theres a lil round brown thing right on the top right corner. this is what i bypassed on my old pioneer 2 ways that I tested with before and worked.

After tracing the postive lead from the tweeter + output back through the printed board this is where it lead me too. So im gonna go pass it and try it :)

why u bypassing the tweeter protection if i may ask? <_<

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

because my crossovers that Im currently using cut out the tweeters.

edit: Im also not using the mb quart speakers that came with the crossovers, they are long gone and where not rated to high on wattage.

Im using some 6.5" diamond hex midbass drivers, 5.25" old school orion xtr midranges (with paper thin cones), and a diamond hex series tweet per door panel.

Archived