Sonic Electronix

Relatively new to car audio, some electrical questions?

Hey guys, so let me start off by saying that i've been into audio for a while now, built some speakers for the house and helped some friends install a box in their car, so as far as building the box and finding some decent subs I have a fairly good idea. However, I was wondering what kind of electrical system upgrades (aside from the standard "Big Three") I would need to do if I plan to put a decent SoundStream 1500 rms amp and and 2 sundown Zv3's into the car, if at all possible I would love to be able to just keep the stock alternator but I know its getting up there in power so I may just have to bite the bullet and install an aftermarket one. Also, if it is good clean signal, would the Z's be able to possibly take more power with a stronger amp in the future?

Thanks

You'd want two 1500 watt amps with those subs and even with one your going to have to add an extra batt and if it was mine I'd do an ho at for sure. Your stock alt isn't designed to run anything other than your cars needs.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived