Things could be getting better.

If you have a condition that limits your job's like that, you should look into disability. Contract agencies are not limited to manual labor, they also do entry level stuff for many fields of work that give you experience towards a better paying job once you get a few years of experience under your belt. I've had to use them a few times... If you are hurting for work, i'd suggest doing a search for "staffing agencies" in your county.

I'm sorry but how can you live without a job? I've been working since the age of 14 never without a job for more than 3 days. Pound the payment day after day and get a job. Not trying to be a dick but things could of gotten better for you months ago.

Moving back in with the parents was a big help in that (really didn't want to though lol). This has been the longest I've been with out work. Where I live there is very few job opportunities unless you can do some labor intensive work and with my heart problem I can't. It would literally kill me. I've applied at every place I could find in this town. It wasn't til I looked on line at careerbuilder.com that I found this job. I do regret not doing it sooner.

And now I feel like a dick.

If you have a condition that limits your job's like that, you should look into disability. Contract agencies are not limited to manual labor, they also do entry level stuff for many fields of work that give you experience towards a better paying job once you get a few years of experience under your belt. I've had to use them a few times... If you are hurting for work, i'd suggest doing a search for "staffing agencies" in your county.

I did that, a couple times over the years actually. Even did it this year and always got rejected. I could have appealed the decision, but if I can work just a little bit then I would rather do that. I mean this job wont take too much out of me like a labor intensive job would. I know that places like your talking about aren't limited to manual labor, unfortunately only "staffing agency) near me is about a 45 minute drive and they mainly work in that area. Sure they might be able to find something in my town. I could try that if this job doesn't pan out.

I'm sorry but how can you live without a job? I've been working since the age of 14 never without a job for more than 3 days. Pound the payment day after day and get a job. Not trying to be a dick but things could of gotten better for you months ago.

Moving back in with the parents was a big help in that (really didn't want to though lol). This has been the longest I've been with out work. Where I live there is very few job opportunities unless you can do some labor intensive work and with my heart problem I can't. It would literally kill me. I've applied at every place I could find in this town. It wasn't til I looked on line at careerbuilder.com that I found this job. I do regret not doing it sooner.

And now I feel like a dick.

It's all good.

I did that, a couple times over the years actually. Even did it this year and always got rejected. I could have appealed the decision, but if I can work just a little bit then I would rather do that. I mean this job wont take too much out of me like a labor intensive job would. I know that places like your talking about aren't limited to manual labor, unfortunately only "staffing agency) near me is about a 45 minute drive and they mainly work in that area. Sure they might be able to find something in my town. I could try that if this job doesn't pan out.

Some of them hire for work at home positions if your internet is stable enough. Got a buddy that chills at home talking to customers in his boxers while he figures out their issues. I know Google has jobs with like 6 month contracts that you just work from your desktop. Yeah, just mentioning this stuff in case your current job does not work. Sales can be rough.

Some of them hire for work at home positions if your internet is stable enough. Got a buddy that chills at home talking to customers in his boxers while he figures out their issues. I know Google has jobs with like 6 month contracts that you just work from your desktop. Yeah, just mentioning this stuff in case your current job does not work. Sales can be rough.

If I knew I could do the work without distractions I would consider an at home job. With two dogs and my family it's very hard to do. I've wanted to work for Google for a long time, but always thought I'd have to move to Cali or something. Not that Cali is a bad place.

Just got an email from work pretty much saying I'm not working Saturday like I thought I was. I'm guessing cause they don't have anyone available to train me. Problem now is I don't know when I'm starting. The email didn't say and the site I go to check my schedule didn't have any info. I don't know weather to hold tight and see when I start or start looking for work again. I'm leaning towards finding another job.

Called the office today and found out what was going on. My start date has been postponed for the time being. The new start date hasn't been determined yet. They said to just check my calender each morning to see if anything has changed (online calender not the one on my wall lol). So in the mean time it's back to looking for work, I'm not waiting around.

Archived