Hello all, I have been into car audio since high school. My friend and I used to do SPL builds for fun and learned by doing since it was before the internet. I found SMD from his video's on youtube.com, and a buddy lead me to the forums. Some great reading on these pages wish we had a reference like this when we started. My goal with my accord was to have a system that was loud and clear as possible without spending 3k$ on a component set. I have always liked Polk speakers so I went with the MM 6501 components front and rear being run off of 2 JL Audio amps a XD 200/2 rear and a XD 400/4 running 75 watts to each speaker upfront(mid bass and tweets split via DQXS.) Sub I went with 1 JL Audio 12w6 High output enclosure run off a JL Audio XD 600/1. Sound management and crossover functions via AudioControl DQXS. So far I have managed all objectives I set out with. The build isn't finished yet and neither is the car. Enough wall o text how about some pictures.

Bone Stock 2000 Accord LX V6

217502_1021800325614_4006712_n_zps6aa30e

Needless to say some work was needed inside and out.

Windows tinted, rims, headlights, and exhaust done.

carsideview.jpg

Next up was fixing that air between the wheel wells. Eibach pro-plus kit shocks, springs and sway bars all the way around.

2012-05-04_16-29-09_562.jpg

Next was the audio I made due until I could order all my parts at one time.

JL Audio 12w6 H.O. enclosure.

2012-03-14_19-00-34_840.jpg

Amps and DQXS mounted to back of the box with a rubber mat between box and equipment. Next project something to only show amps and AudioControl DQXS from inside the car.

2012-03-14_18-58-47_627.jpg

I have a template cut out for a piece for the trunk that will use the old cargo net tie downs as anchor points. It will be cut out of 1/2" aluminum plate once I can afford it. Cut made using a water jet and plywood as a test before dropping 500$ on the aluminum plate. It will also prevent the box from being taken out of the trunk.

2012-05-30_12-28-21_778.jpg

Body kit already purchased wingswest 4pcs no wing, blank grille that will have custom cut metal screen both in storage awaiting paint and install.

So that is where I stand until college is done and a job is found to support my habit.

190k+ miles daily driver.

Does 139db on the dash and is crystal clear. I couldnt be happier with the sound it puts out, being off the shelf stuff.

Under Construction

Clean look, i like it

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Clean look, i like it

Thanks

kryptonite

I am trying to keep it as factory as possible on the inside. All the mids and highs are tucked into factory spots so nothing to show there. Outside will have a few touches that really only car people will notice.

If you only lived closer we could start building you a custom box to stuff more subs in there...you know you miss it!

I do miss custom boxes, tons of subs, and the shows, maybe in the next ride. No real shows for just stereo around my area of NC that I know of so it would be a ride to compete any way I look at it. I did think about going to meet up with a few of the other NC guys from rocky mount and goldsboro area but school is keeping me pretty busy. I did toy with a few designs of getting multiple 12's where the back seat is and using the trunk as a amp rack, but this one is pretty much done aside for finishing everything off.

Under Construction

Clean look, i like it

Thanks

kryptonite

I am trying to keep it as factory as possible on the inside. All the mids and highs are tucked into factory spots so nothing to show there. Outside will have a few touches that really only car people will notice.

If you only lived closer we could start building you a custom box to stuff more subs in there...you know you miss it!

I do miss custom boxes, tons of subs, and the shows, maybe in the next ride. No real shows for just stereo around my area of NC that I know of so it would be a ride to compete any way I look at it. I did think about going to meet up with a few of the other NC guys from rocky mount and goldsboro area but school is keeping me pretty busy. I did toy with a few designs of getting multiple 12's where the back seat is and using the trunk as a amp rack, but this one is pretty much done aside for finishing everything off.

Well it definitely looks and sounds really good.

Dirty White 05' Xterra

HU: Pioneer x9600bhs

Front: RF R400-4D

JL C5-075ct tweets

RF PPS4-8 mids

Subs: RF r1200-1d

RF P3D4-15 x2

Nice car :D

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

• 3 months later...

Archived