Never buy Bestop Powerboards!

So I have learned a lesson...never try to be cheap when you want something done right! So about 8 months ago I bought some Bestop Powerboard NX's for my truck. I went with them over AMPs cause they were 400 bucks cheaper and had the same design. Well guess what...the rear passenger door won't work (quite working after a month) and the passenger side motor is going out. So bad that the step doesn't even go all the way down! The adhesive they use for the convenience lights loses it's adhesion too! Not that adhesive is hard to reapply but when you pay 2 grand for running boards...the lights should at least stay on. At least they have a 3 year warranty...but fair warning for all who want power steps...DON'T BUY BESTOP'S! Also, my truck isn't driven daily.

Currently whipping a O4' GMC Sierra 2500

Performance:

K&N Cold Air Intake

Hedman headers

3" True duels

Flowmaster Super 10's

Magnaflow High Flow Cats

G2 4:88 running gears

New cooling system

Superchips Flashpaq programmer

Eaton lockers

Audio: JL CP208W3V3

Kenwood X500-1

8 Gauge Memphis Power wire

Kenwood DDX8901HD

Exterior:

Fabtech 9.5" lift

38x13.5 Toyo Open Country M/T's

18x10 Fuel Mavericks (-44 offset)

Diamond plate bed gaurds

Diamond plate tool box

Recon Xenon Bulbs in Highs,Lows,& Fogs

Recon LED Tail lights

AMP Research Automated steps

Taking broken Amps off of a customer's 2012 tomorrow and replacing with stationary steps. I didn't sell that set and I won't sell them out of my shop. They will all fail, just a matter of when. Especially in the environment up here and the slush/freeze/thaw cycles.

Maybe there'll be one motor that still works I can salvage for an amp rack or something.

Static drops are my bag.

Archived