Just came in to say nice car, nice gear and those wide track steelies are a great look. Diamond Racing?

Be watching to see where this one goes.

Thanks. Not sure what kind of wheels they are. They were on the car when I bought it. The rear ones were a "deep dish" version on the front ones. But I wanted something newer and more chrome, so I bought the wheels you see in the rear and ordered some spacers to bring them out wider to line up with the fenders more. I couldn't get the ones on the front because the tire sat too far in under the wheel well and rubbed on the bottom of the strut tower. The rear ones fit without rubbing, but they still sit too far in the wheel well. So, just waiting for my spacers to arrive and my new lug nuts. I also have larger tires that will be put on the rear as well. The front will have 235/45/ZR17 and the rear will have 275/35/ZR17. I think I will have to replace my front strut assembly to give me a little more clearance first though, but, it could use new struts and springs up front as I've already put new shocks on the back already.

Just wanted to say thank you for all the support and advice so far. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to look and help. I will have lots more questions and am looking forward to your help and ideas. Not sure where to start at though. Head unit is installed already, so that part is done. Don't know if I should start with doors or start with building the amp racks and rear woodwork first. Any suggestions?

I usually do it by prep and drying times. Build your pods, fiberglass them, then start on the amp rack while they cure. Then sand the pods. Then take a break and calm down from how pissed you are at the amount of work it takes to make them perfect. Then go back to your amp rack while the body filler dries. Then back on the pods for more sanding and wrapping. Then back on the nearly completed amp rack and it'll all fall together quickly.

Point is don't get too bogged down on one thing. That's how projects stall out. Doing it this way looks like not much is getting done but it all comes together so fast at the end and the punch list gets knocked out quickly. Plus if you're frustrated with one aspect or stalled out by waiting for cure times you can walk away and get something else done without starting it from scratch.

Static drops are my bag.

So, Epicenter or no Epicenter? I'm torn because some music benefits greatly from it, and some music is degraded from it. Another question, to build speaker pods off my a-pillars, can I use expanding foam spray into the wedge of the windshield and the dashboard, then cut it to shape or is there an easier way? I've been thinking about how I am going to accomplish the pods, and that is the best way I can think of. Maybe line the dash and windshield with wax paper first? And would the spray foam make a good lining for the pod acoustic wise? I'm having an image of a cut and formed piece of foam, hollowed out, then covered in fibreglass, then sand, then fill, sand, fill some more, prime and paint. Can anyone point me to a good instructional thread or website or video that explains how to do it? I am also curious, how exactly does the door pod get attached the door panel? Is it screwed to it? Bolted? Glued? Or does the bonding happen with the fibreglass and resin?

And got some more supplies today, and my sandblaster arrived in the mail. Picked up a new air hose for my compressor, one that stays flexible in the cold because I have a little bit of bodywork to do to the car(few little spots of rust and a few small dings). Figured I will try to make my A-Pillar speaker pods first and try using the expanding foam and trim it with a razor to the right shape, then fiberglass over the foam after its formed into shape and hollow it out after i have it coated in a couple coats of glass.

Got a quick question though about my sub and amp, would it be beneficial for me to find another JL 1000/1 amp and wire up one amp to each voice coil(I know that the 2000 watts is slightly overpowering it, but i can tone back the gains to have each amp put 750-800 watts to each voice coil) or would that be overkill?

20141112_151926_zps929f0c12.jpg?14158207

Got my templates drawn for my a-pillars now. Gotta go buy a jig-saw tomorrow and cut them out. Also bought a few wooden dowels in 4' lengths today so i could mount the templates on my trim panel and have lots left over to do all my buddies cars too. They said i can do theirs after i learn doing mine...lol. Also picked up a hot glue gun today. Figure im gonna need it.

20141113_204249_zps3f620f6a.jpg?14159289

Archived