Andreetje77 Posted November 9, 2014 Report Posted November 9, 2014 First of my real name is Andre and i am 37 years young and i am coming from The Netherlands. I have being active on SMD for a while now but i thought lets show what i have had for the last 2 years,and what i have now. First of the car is a Fiat Marea Weekend. With this car i started of with a SPL Dynamics DIG-1450 monoblock, A Gladen audio component set an Alpine H.U and a DD 2510 D2: Put it in a box i had made for a Audioque(i don´t remember what type); The H.U. ; Then i bought a slightly more powerfull monoblock an blew the DD; So i bought a bigger sub the A.A Chaos 12d2,and had a box made for it because i did not had the time for it to do it myself; Then the Dragster amp would not turn on anymore and i bought this little amp; This amp is capable of putting out 2100 plus Watt r.m.s at 1 Ohm so plenty of power for a A.A. Chaos Now i am going to change to a A.A Chaos 18d2, and i wil later on show the build of the box that i will do together with a friend of mine. I traded this sub for a older Yamaha home cinema amplifier and a set of speakers. I will make updates as soon as we get started on the box.
Andreetje77 Posted December 14, 2014 Author Report Posted December 14, 2014 So here are a couple of build pics of my new enclosure; And in the car with less than an 1/2 inch to spare on the left and right; Andreas1977;946516]I traded the woofer with a small rattle coming from the inside,so i knew it was going to break. Butt i did'nt know how soon,butt turned out to be very soon(within 20 min. of installing.) It also looks like it took a hell of a lot of abuse(a buddy of my tested an couple of Chaos 12's by wall socket 230 volts and a 16 A circuitbreaker and on 0,7 Ohm the coils where still intact and fresh). My Chaos looks like this A couple of days ago i ordered a recone with woven in leads and carbon fiber dustcap. And i will ship out the frame and motor,to the man of AA/FI here in the Netherlands.
Tecomah Posted December 15, 2014 Report Posted December 15, 2014 Tuned in to see where this goes. I really like the chaos 750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY Team Subsonic Lows
Andreetje77 Posted December 15, 2014 Author Report Posted December 15, 2014 Tuned in to see where this goes. I really like the chaos Thanks i also like the Chaos it is a very underrated sub,this is my second Chaos. I had a 12 before the 18.
Andreetje77 Posted March 9, 2015 Author Report Posted March 9, 2015 So finally a couple of updates. Last week i upgraded my electrical with one small 40Ah battery,and had to change the layout of my amps. And tomorrow i will have my 18 Inch back from being reconed, and it will be a hybride AA Chaos MK1/Fi SSD with woven in leads and nice carbonfibre dustcap. A couple of pictures of the sub being reconed; I will have my sub back tomorrow And i bought a second hand component set from CDT Audio for a irresistible price. It wil be replacing my 5,25 component set from Gladen audio.
tdsa23 Posted March 9, 2015 Report Posted March 9, 2015 If its a AA build im going to follow this and I think I have them mids and I love how much mid bass I can get out of them. Keep the updates coming. XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s MechMan 220a Alt DC 5K Kicker 650.4 2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's Pioneer DEH-P7200HD Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1 Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899 https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/
Andreetje77 Posted March 9, 2015 Author Report Posted March 9, 2015 I will try to keep the updates coming. The gladen audio 5,25 set has a great sound with very good mid(especially for 5,25 in my opinion) . Butt I think they will not keep up with the 18".
tdsa23 Posted March 10, 2015 Report Posted March 10, 2015 I will try to keep the updates coming. The gladen audio 5,25 set has a great sound with very good mid(especially for 5,25 in my opinion) . Butt I think they will not keep up with the 18". I have the 6.5 mids but mines keeps up with my Fi Q 15 XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s MechMan 220a Alt DC 5K Kicker 650.4 2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's Pioneer DEH-P7200HD Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1 Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899 https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/
Andreetje77 Posted March 10, 2015 Author Report Posted March 10, 2015 Ok as promised a couple of pictures with a better camera,and in the car. And inside its new home; I am pleased even with the settings on my H.U with low power(max. volume 30 high is 50).
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.