Crescendo in Car just for SPL?

dscid

cool...

sooo, the .. average ones..

got ya...

Yep. Nothing crazy, but good on a budget and still perform well.

just like the nendos will.... :shrug:

no offence but the guy is talking about RF T1's comp sets...

Hell i think the one he mentioned is a shitty two way.........DisCON at that. RIght?

Hes into a full front stage for like under 200 bones...........

If he said, "I LIKE RF AND ONLY RUN T3 and UP" well shit......

know what i mean?

The nendos don't provide the low end of the mid range/ mid bass quite like a mid range driver does. Based on what he described, regardless how the nendos handle power and sound.

I don't feel that they will accomplish what he is looking for, he's not trying to keep up with 10k+ w rms. He's got a single 12 in a sealed box.

Before I jump on board =)

Can we do an objective comparison, ye knowledgeable individuals? I don't want to downgrade for budget's sake. Let that be clear :)

As I've said I've used Type RF, and T1 Power comps. Would these Dayton's be greater than or equal to?

I'm a pretty spontaneous person and could very well decide to go with something like Hertz HSK 6.5s. So, could you help me distinguish these 3 apart?

I know that it comes down to the install, not just having good mechanically perfect speakers, so with proper deadening and the like, these Dayton's do look nice.

At 50/pc, then that's 100/set, + tweeters = around 200 w/o crossovers. If I shelled out twice that, as sometimes you can find a good deal, I could have the Hertz.

I'm trying to word it so that it's not encouraging an endless 'vs.' thread, as those aren't allowed, and that's not really my intent. You say the Dayton's are great in the right install, and they are a good price. I'm trying to determine how much of the Hertz price is selling the name, against something like Dayton. I have nowhere to actually listen to either of these :\

Hertz are great, you can't go wrong. It just depends on what you want, I don't feel a Pro audio speaker is what you want. That's what the PWX's are.

you think these do?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3259_Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-T1682S.html

fuck the nendos will HAMMER these...... come on man....

Regardless of what he has had(we've all come from somewhere). Dropping names like Hertz and etc. I personally feel, him buying PA is not what he is looking for. End of discussion.

Deal..

fuck .. im out

EDIT that said.. my PA will smash anything your running door wise, SQ wise, low end wise,.. loud wise.......

END OF THREAD

Well, back on track.

If you're looking at hertz you could go with separate drivers, it will in the end be more afford and you can obtain just as good of a sound with them as you could with the $500 hertz. Mainly because the crossover that comes with the hertz is a lot of the cost. There is a reason for that, they are built well and do a good job for passives. But nothing compares to active. I personally will be going with analog, active here soon. As soon as i pay this engagement ring off..

It does take more research and learn to fine what you're looking for. The silver flutes that Sencheezy mentioned are great as well, I've heard a few pair of them and they always impress me. They were out of stock when I was looking for new mids, I haven't anything recently speaker wise.

But the daytons and the silvers are on my list.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Thanks for taking the time - I am learning. I've never actually put a system together. When I was much younger, I thought - get pricey components, and you're set. hehe.

So, it's been a long time since I've had to buy new speakers, and would rather do it 'right' this time :\

I was editing my post on page one while you guys kept talking - if you don't mind checking it out, that'd be great =D

Based on the revised first post, I really think if you put the time and research in with others help. Separates are going to be the better route being budget minded of course. A good quality mid range driver will give you that warm and full sound I think you're trying to achieve.

By default some SQ style drivers do sound cold, that's just how they are. The tuning and install is what should shape the though and make it what you want.

getting the right drivers with put you on the right path, it might take an install or 12 to get it down pat though. I'm not SQ expert though. So just advising on what I have learned in my search.

2010 Honda Civic LX / Deck: Kenwood DDX371 / Front Highs: Crescendo RTS-1 / Front Mids: Silver Flute 6.5's / 4 channel: DC Audio 90.4 / Sub: Fi 15in SP4v2 / Sub amp: Taramps HD 5000 / Power wire: Knukonceptz OFC 1/0 / Deadener: Audio Technix 60 mil / Batteries: XS Power D5100R / Rear bank: TBD / Alternator: Singer 240a hairpin

Archived