EscortKing Posted November 11, 2014 Report Posted November 11, 2014 I'm trying to put together a wall of subs for my car. I just need some help on trying to figure out what size of box I need to use to be able to do hair tricks. Car is a 2dr hatchback, the subs are going to be 12 10inch MTX MXS1004s (yes I know it's a 10, and yes I know it's an older speaker(but still a kick ass 1)), the amps are going to be a pair of SoundStream Tarantula TA1.3000D wired down to 0.6 ohms. The manufacturer's specs for a ported box is 1.25 and I did some research and from what I can understand it would need around 3. Does this seem right?? Also I'm contemplating on building 1 box per 3 OR 6 woofers. All help is GREATLY appreciated. Please no smarta** comments this is not my first system, just the biggest so far.
philrab Posted November 11, 2014 Report Posted November 11, 2014 So, are you looking for a box design? 2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread 2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount. Build Thread 1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes.
EscortKing Posted November 11, 2014 Author Report Posted November 11, 2014 I'm pretty sure the type of box has to be ported, but how many cubes would I need or should I use??
kremer90 Posted November 11, 2014 Report Posted November 11, 2014 i would build as big as you could to start. unless of course you have a large suv. then that might be overkill. if you can get 15-16 cubes that should be plenty for port and bracing/ sub displacement. 4 Shok triton 15s walled in 2000 Mirage 2 aq3500s (only 1 currently) 2 XS xp950s/ 2 XS xp3000s 220a alt (waiting to be installed) Best score to date: 152.2 @ 31hz 150.0 @ 26hz
EscortKing Posted November 12, 2014 Author Report Posted November 12, 2014 I'm new to the whole hair trick thing and being able to move massive amounts of air. So when you say 15-16 cubes, do you mean that much for how many woofers? The car is a 2 dr 1996 escort hatch. So I have room but no where near what an suv has.
CleanSierra Posted November 12, 2014 Report Posted November 12, 2014 You're wanting to build solely to hairtrick? Tune at 20 Hz. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
EscortKing Posted November 12, 2014 Author Report Posted November 12, 2014 Yes and no, hair tricks I want to be a good part of it but clarity and hard hitting bass is the other part as I intend to put the car in some competitions also.
EscortKing Posted November 30, 2014 Author Report Posted November 30, 2014 This is basically what I'm wanting to build. Which looks like Twelve 10" woofers, would 15-16 cubes be enough if tuned @ 38Hz to move air and possibly do hair tricks?? BTW it will be 6k just on the subs
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.