Sonic Electronix

Well today I made a big mistake...I stopped by my local audio shop to checkout it's new showroom (which was actually really awesome) and I looked at some double dins...I think I'm gonna buy a Kenwood DDX7701HD. Anyone have any (good) reasons not to? Just wanna make sure it's a good decision before I drop money on it.

Here's a link to the Head unit so you can learn more about it if needed: http://www.kenwood.com/usa/car/navigation_multimedia/ddx7701hd/index.html

Link to local shop, only doing this cause I thought it was pretty good: http://www.sounddepotandperformance.com/

Currently whipping a O4' GMC Sierra 2500

Performance:

K&N Cold Air Intake

Hedman headers

3" True duels

Flowmaster Super 10's

Magnaflow High Flow Cats

G2 4:88 running gears

New cooling system

Superchips Flashpaq programmer

Eaton lockers

Audio: JL CP208W3V3

Kenwood X500-1

8 Gauge Memphis Power wire

Kenwood DDX8901HD

Exterior:

Fabtech 9.5" lift

38x13.5 Toyo Open Country M/T's

18x10 Fuel Mavericks (-44 offset)

Diamond plate bed gaurds

Diamond plate tool box

Recon Xenon Bulbs in Highs,Lows,& Fogs

Recon LED Tail lights

AMP Research Automated steps

Looks like a solid head unit. A little more than i'd like to spend. I've been looking into moving over to a double din as well. I've been looking at the Pioneer AVHX4600BT and AVHX5600BHS. Not really sure if it's worth the $50 more for HD radio. Also looks like the Kenwood unit puts out a little more power than the pioneer one if you plan on using the 4 channels on the head unit.

Thats a great deck it's touch screen is very responsive. the navi is Garmin I do believe but check it out for yourself.

The software is great but the android integration does need a little work if your an Iphone user then your in don't know weather the software has been updated yet to car play. I had the Pioneer 4600 and the 5600 there software drove me crazy so i just upgraded to the NEX series awsomedecks from Pioneer..

Archived