Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Box for 2 SoundQubed HDS312


Kato4276

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am looking for some designs for a 4^ft net box tuned at 30Hz - 35Hz. I plan on running 1100 RMS to each sub with either a SQ Q1-2200D or a Crescendo BC2000. Thanks in advance ...

Bill

Posted

What vehicle? and dims for a box? and your box net is a bit low for them, those will benefit with 2.25-2.5 net a piece.

Posted

Sorry for the delay in responding. It will be going in a 1989 Honda Civic Hatch, so I have plenty of space, but would like to retain some space in the back area. I would like a simple single chamber design. SoundQubed suggested 4 cu. ft box @ 35Hz, but if you feel a 4.2 - 4.5 cu ft box would work better, then so be it. My guess is i have 35 - 40" l x 17" w x 13" h. I am at work now, but can measure it later when I get home if you need.

Thanks for the help.

Posted

A 4 net box would need to be about 14x40x22 (HxWxD) subs up /port back. So your dims are short even for the smaller box.

Posted

I measured it and I basically have 35 L x 16 W x 17 or 18 H. I would need the subs an port facing up if i went with a box that size. There is less room back there than I thought. Maybe have to drop down to 2 10's but really would like 2 12's. Any ideas?

Posted

You can go to subs that work well in small boxes like 12"s from DC Audio or Alpine or look to if you are willing to build a slanted box, something like this:

slanted_SUPU.jpg

On the 10s you could try something like Sundown X10 or Zv4 10, there will be enough space for them.

Posted

So here is a suggestion, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 3 1/8", figure is just an assembly guide:

2_HDS10.jpg

2HDS10PIC_zps72ba3739.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5614 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...