My first build since 2007

So the last time I built any kind of tower was 2007. The last graphics card I bought was a 8800GTX and Dual Core was a new thing.

I've been getting by with a Macbook Pro a friend gave me (2008 model) but now that I have some debts taken care of I'm wanting a nice desktop to do major work and some gaming. I do a lot of video editing and will be using Adobe Premier and After Effects for almost all my work. I've been doing some decent amount of research into what I need and have posted on a couple other forums but I figured this one has my sub build log so why not my tower build as well! I will be buying the hardware one piece at a time but hope to have it done in about 4-5 months. I'll be picking up the case in a bout a month and start from there.

On to the build list!

Case: Full Tower Inwin GRone in white

Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme

CPU: Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 16GB(2x8GB)

GPU: GIGABYTE 970GTX 4GB

PSU: NZXT 1000W

CPU Cooling: Corsair H105

SSD: Intel 730 240GB

HD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB

Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z

Mouse: Steel Series Sensei

Fan Control: BitFenix Recon

I will price check against my local Microcenter and other places, just wanted to use Newegg because they have very informative listings.

Thoughts and any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

New to the car audio world and looking to learn as much as I can.

Not going to lie, when I built my computer, I thught the 256GB SSD Would be good. Now I wish I had saved up a bit more for a bigger one.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Not going to lie, when I built my computer, I thught the 256GB SSD Would be good. Now I wish I had saved up a bit more for a bigger one.

I'm planning on installing the OS and the Adobe programs. Granted I have not looked into how much space Premier and After Effects use but I can't see them using that much memory. Planning on all my other stuff being on the 3TB.

New to the car audio world and looking to learn as much as I can.

I'm planning on installing the OS and the Adobe programs. Granted I have not looked into how much space Premier and After Effects use but I can't see them using that much memory. Planning on all my other stuff being on the 3TB.

Literally, the only thing on mine is OS and the games I play. I have a 3TB internal HDD that contains all my music/videos/pictures/software, anything and everything basically. And my SSD has maybe 50gb free, and constantly pushing it when I donwload stuff.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm