Second Skin Audio

Alpine SWS-12D2

jmabrao

i've built several ported enclosure for the type S, 2 cubes net tuned to 32hz or lower is where its at if you giving them rated or less.

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

I'm trying to hit the low notes, and I would like it to play down to 28hz or so with authority. Bigger box usually means more low frequency extension right? The box I have it in right now is 1.23cf tuned to 40hz and it sounds like utter garbage. That's why I'm worried that if I go to 1.5cf the difference would be quite small.

I'm trying to hit the low notes, and I would like it to play down to 28hz or so with authority. Bigger box usually means more low frequency extension right? The box I have it in right now is 1.23cf tuned to 40hz and it sounds like utter garbage. That's why I'm worried that if I go to 1.5cf the difference would be quite small.

Bigger box means more output around tuning, so yeah, it will get you somewhat more powerful lows. The problem is if you make the box too big you will end up with a boomy one-note wonder with lots of group delay (which makes the bass sound flabby), in addition to the power handling issues.

If you are careful and have your gains & subsonic filter set correctly you should be able to get away with 1.75 or possible 2.0 cubic feet net, but I wouldn't go any more than that.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived