Nismomaniak Posted November 24, 2014 Report Posted November 24, 2014 Hello all, I have a tuning question my searches haven't been able to provide an answer for.I have a single 12 in a 2.5cuft box with 2 3" aero ports. Both ports are as short as they can go, but im looking to go a little higher. Is there a way to do this without buying 4" ports or destroying these ports? Can I space the ports externally perhaps?Currently im sitting at 15sq/in of port area per cube of box volume. Just a tad high.
Triticum Agricolam Posted November 24, 2014 Report Posted November 24, 2014 How long is "as short as they will go"? How high are you trying to tune to? What sub, what power? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Nismomaniak Posted November 24, 2014 Author Report Posted November 24, 2014 They're 5.75", id like to tune to 45hz, to see if there are any gains to be had but can only tune lower.
Cj Kumz Posted November 24, 2014 Report Posted November 24, 2014 Sub? Power? Going external will work fine as long as your internal and external port clearance is larger than the diameter of the ports Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Nismomaniak Posted November 24, 2014 Author Report Posted November 24, 2014 Just a Hertz hx300d dual 4, power, incoming i have a hifonics BRX2400.1. Itll all be cranked way down, until i get a different/another sub.So simply spacing the ports out has the same effect as shortening them? Or does it just reduce the port volume?
hdorre Posted November 24, 2014 Report Posted November 24, 2014 Ehh.. Id use like a single 3" aero for most 12s.. 4" ABSOLUTE tops for a select few.. But, plz throw that "port area/ft" out of the window.. Please. Also, why would you like to tune to 45hz? What sort of music do you listen to? What are you tuned to now? Ehh.. If you want to tune higher and the ports are as small las possible, you can try shrinking your box a tad.. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
Nismomaniak Posted November 24, 2014 Author Report Posted November 24, 2014 Ah, im not very knowledgeable. The calculators ive used said if I were to use one 3" port It would be 1.75" long, so I used two.I just want to play with the tuning to see if I can make it louder. I'll listen to anything, but I prefer EDM. EDM just doesn't (generally) have the lower tones that really wake up my sub.If you were me, given the equipment I have available how would you begin to find the best tuning for the box/vehicle? add a bunch of port, and then pull length out to see where its happiest?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.