need some catalytic help!

You have a few options, you can go oem which will be expensive. That's a direct bolt on, no mods needed. You can buy a universal which will require modding to fit(either welded in or you can use split flanges). High flows are generally universal and geared towards performance, which doesn't sound like what you're after. A cheap universal will work just fine as long as you keep all your O2 sensors intact and wired in. If you have a cat with an O2 sensor mounted directly on it you need a universal with a bung to screw the O2 sensor back in. It's technically the O2 sensors that detect the exhaust gases and decipher whether there's a problem in your emissions. To answer your question though, oem is always expensive because it's the original equipment that came on your vehicle, especially from a dealer. You could get a direct fit replacement (bolts up like oem, no modding) from like autozone or something for around $200 maybe less online somewhere, it's not oem but a cheaper aftermarket part made by a different company. Hope this helps.

Options I see

Junk yard/craigslist for a used one

Aftermarket, should be fine but imo the cheaper ones are more likely not to pass

Remove and gut the stock one. You can use a metal pole to shove in There and empty it out. You only need to clean it out enough for the car to run better.

Last option is straight pipe, don't do it though. It wont pass.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

• 3 months later...

i gutted it, i found a way to reset the computer for 30miles. so I'll do that right before i bring it in. thanks for all the help.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff