sickJKU_12 Posted November 25, 2014 Report Posted November 25, 2014 I am purchasing a Alpine SWS 12D4 and need help designing a box for it. As I don't have alot of room in the back of my JKU I want to go as small as possible and still achieve around 30-32hz. Currently I have a Kenwood Excelon X700-5 and will be running the sub in parallel @2ohms which would match the sub and amp at 500 rms. I do want a ported box...I think, so I can hit low notes when needed. I know the recommended ported enclosure is 1.0-1.5cuft. But don't know where to start with trying to fab a box. Any help would be highly appreciated.
Cj Kumz Posted November 25, 2014 Report Posted November 25, 2014 What are the max dimensions you have to work with? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
sickJKU_12 Posted November 25, 2014 Author Report Posted November 25, 2014 I have alot of off-road equipment in the back of my Jeep (which has to stay for off-roading reasons...lol) So I would have to say as far as available space I have Width 25 maybe 27", Height 17, Depth 17.
sickJKU_12 Posted November 25, 2014 Author Report Posted November 25, 2014 But if I can get a ported box under those dimensions and it sound great. I would be happy.
sickJKU_12 Posted November 25, 2014 Author Report Posted November 25, 2014 I did have 1 other question: would you recommend a sealed enclosure over a ported for a Jeep Wrangler? If so the required box size decreases drastically.
sickJKU_12 Posted November 25, 2014 Author Report Posted November 25, 2014 If I go with a sealed design the sub specs for that enclosure are 0.65-1.0ft^3.
sickJKU_12 Posted November 25, 2014 Author Report Posted November 25, 2014 Bump, I desperately need help in building a box.
Joe X Posted November 25, 2014 Report Posted November 25, 2014 Post a pic of the area you are placing the box and max dimensions you have for it.
Cj Kumz Posted November 25, 2014 Report Posted November 25, 2014 You could try 15H 23W and 15D. The port is 13.5" High, 2" wide and 31" Long. This will give you a 1.5 cube box @ about 35 hz. Sorry my sketchup is down so I can't post a sketch. I'm sure JoeX can do you a sketch Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
sickJKU_12 Posted November 25, 2014 Author Report Posted November 25, 2014 I want to try and use the least amount of space possible. I wanted to try and be at 32-36hz (if it's a little more that's fine), with a box that is no bigger than 1.5cu ft (max ported enclosure). The max dimensions I can go is H-18, W-20 (had to go smaller than what I said before), Depth 1 (top)-16 and Depth 2 (bottom)-19. I have to have the top and bottom depths different due to my back seat slanting the way it does. If the dimensions need to have 1-2 inches added to them I think I will still have room for the rest of my things. Thank you for your help.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.