Second Skin Audio

Suggestions on what to do

disprovable

Well i recently purchased a 2006 G35 Coupe. The trunk is ridiculously small. I currently have my old 2 12" SA's in a small sealed box and it has trouble fitting in there. Im looking to get some new subs but not sure the best route to go. I would like to have a ported box for the new subs so 12's are out of the question. Options would only be to get 1 10 im guessing. Would it be possible to make 1 10 still hit the lows alright? My old setup was the sundowns in a 3ft^3 box tuned to 32 hz and it did decent at hitting the lows. If i made the new box tuned to around 30 hz could it do decent at the lows? Thanks.

Im considering getting a dc XL 10 fully loaded with a crescendo bc2000 if that helps.

Sure you can make a 10" hit low, you can make 6.5"s hit low if you want to. What you will be giving up versus a pair of 12"s is efficiency. You will need a LOT more watts to get the same SPL.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Sure you can make a 10" hit low, you can make 6.5"s hit low if you want to. What you will be giving up versus a pair of 12"s is efficiency. You will need a LOT more watts to get the same SPL.

My old setup i used a kicker zx1000.1 im gonna be upgrading to a cresendo bc2000. Double the watts = possibly close to same spl? :D

You may be doubling the watts but you only have 1/3 the cone area.

Getting the same performance is pretty unlikely.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived