Second Skin Audio

What would you run?

afrakes

Is your heart set on a 15? I think you should figure out how much space you want to give up then decide on what sub would best fit the airspace.

I'm set on a single sub set up. I'm not willing to give up the space for an 18, plus my wife hates the idea of me having a woofer that big (don't ask lol). My last set up that got stolen I had for about 3 years and it was a single 12. So I'd like some more cone area, but not an 18... hence why I want a 15.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Ima look into that ssd, thought about a q, but worried I will be under powerin it. How bout recommendations besides the usual Aa, fi, sundown, dc, etc. What off the map subs could you recommend?? Something I may not have heard about.

Is your heart set on a 15? I think you should figure out how much space you want to give up then decide on what sub would best fit the airspace.

I'm set on a single sub set up. I'm not willing to give up the space for an 18, plus my wife hates the idea of me having a woofer that big (don't ask lol). My last set up that got stolen I had for about 3 years and it was a single 12. So I'd like some more cone area, but not an 18... hence why I want a 15.

I have the space for it no problem, would just like to keep the box under 4.5 cubes gross. Smaller if possible tbh

I have the space for it no problem, would just like to keep the box under 4.5 cubes gross. Smaller if possible tbh

That might be a tough number to stay under if you want to run a 15". Material thickness, driver and port displacements take up a lot more than people think. The box I did for the FI SSD was only 2.75 net, but it's exterior dimensions came out to like 5.4 cubes.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

That might be a tough number to stay under if you want to run a 15". Material thickness, driver and port displacements take up a lot more than people think. The box I did for the FI SSD was only 2.75 net, but it's exterior dimensions came out to like 5.4 cubes.

If taking into account the outside dimensions of the box then 5.5ish is the max I wanna go. I meant 4.5 cubes gross internal only

single 15, 1200wrms.. Havoc or SA if you aren't a tard :good:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

single 15, 1200wrms.. Havoc or SA if you aren't a tard :good:

Lol fair enough. Out of curiosity, why do u recommend the sa series over the x series? SA is rated at 600 rms, I know that's underrated but still, not sure how comfortable I would be putting double rms on a woofer for daily abuse.

to me.. distorted highs & decent lows > killer lows & almost no highs

Thats me.

I would say X with the standard cone.. but haven't seen it actually done. Therefore, its hard to recommend.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

to me.. distorted highs & decent lows > killer lows & almost no highs

Thats me.

I would say X with the standard cone.. but haven't seen it actually done. Therefore, its hard to recommend.

Your going to have to forgive me because I'm not all that knowledgeable with these higher end drivers and their capabilities. The x series I know crushes the lows, but from what u said it sounds like they really can't play the highs at all? What do u consider highs? I would think north of 45 HZ or so, I guess what I want is to be able to play 29-45 HZ with minimal drop off in output to the ear. This system will not be on a meter at all btw

Also, in regards to my question earlier, can youu say for sure that I can SAFELY put 1200-1300 watt a on a sa series driver in a proper box for daily use? If so, then it may be a game changer for me. I know there's a lot of variables but double the power as I stated before, just seems dangerous. I want to do this right the first time and not risk blowing anything. If I do ima be out a sub for quite a while

Archived