Second Skin Audio

What would you run?

afrakes

Not trying to start a vs. Thread by any means. That being said, I'm in the process of attaining a AQ 1200d (thanks n8ball) and I want to know what you guys think it should power. It has to be a single 15". I listen to decaf and country pretty much exclusively, so I like the lows. Also, I would prefer to have a woofer that doesn't need a monster box, I have space, but I also am planning to start a family soon with my wife so I want to be able to keep some space in the back for a future stroller (s). Don't take price into account, I'm not rich by any means, but I'm willing to wait for the right used deal for the right sub. Ready, set, go!

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

SA X15 only needs 4.25^3ft according to their recommendations. And I believe I've seen before where others have recommended them for peoples needs of a smaller enclosure.

Here's a recent thread that should help you

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193346-15-or-18-subs-that-work-well-in-small-ported-boxes/?hl=%2Bwell+%2Bsmall#entry2895970

Instead of just throwing out brands/models, please explain WHY you would want to run that particular sub. I'm already aware of the majority of the options out there, just want input on what yall think.

SA X15 only needs 4.25^3ft according to their recommendations. And I believe I've seen before where others have recommended them for peoples needs of a smaller enclosure.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193346-15-or-18-subs-that-work-well-in-small-ported-boxes/?hl=%2Bwell+%2Bsmall#entry2895970

To be honest that seems kinda big for a single 15. I was hoping to stay around the 3.5 cube mark after all displacements. And with the x series, I thought about it for its ability to hit the lows, but am kinda concerned about the power I have. Most people I see have an x running around 2k rms. Just worried about the ability to properly power that beast with only 1200 watts (and yes, I do know they are rated at 1250 rms, just stating my observations is all)

American Bass XFL

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I only see that sub is available in a d4 option according to the AB website. I need a final load of 1 ohm to get full potential out of this amp...

To be honest that seems kinda big for a single 15. I was hoping to stay around the 3.5 cube mark after all displacements. And with the x series, I thought about it for its ability to hit the lows, but am kinda concerned about the power I have. Most people I see have an x running around 2k rms. Just worried about the ability to properly power that beast with only 1200 watts (and yes, I do know they are rated at 1250 rms, just stating my observations is all)

Sorry about that. As for that AB XFL, sonicelectronix has it in a dual 2 version according to their site. I've never ran 15's so I don't have any insight to give as to why running any particular one. Hope you find what you're looking for.

I just built a box for a FI SSD 15", 2.75 cubes net at 32 Hz. Its being powered by a SQ Q1-1200D amp, sounds great.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Is your heart set on a 15? I think you should figure out how much space you want to give up then decide on what sub would best fit the airspace.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Archived