Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

DD 9512 in a trunk


car_lost

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a DD 9512 powered by a Sundown SAZ-1500D currently installed. The box it is in right now is shit. Pure shit.

Currently, it sits like this:

20140402_173324.jpg

With the port in the ski-pass like this:

20140402_160952.jpg

I want to be able to mount the amp to the box so I can keep as much trunk space as possible and I would prefer a ported box. The only way I can mount the amp is on the back of the box, so where do I mount the sub and where do I put the port? I can do the port coming out of the ski-pass or through the rear deck. How big should the box be? Should I just go with a sealed box? Can I put the sub on the side vs the front/back/top? Someone help!!
Seriously though, I need some guidance and any help is greatly appreciated.
Posted

port and sub facing forwards, I had a slot port on the right hand side of the sub firing into the back passangers seat, and the sub was hidden behind the fold down seat, this worked really well for me in the stato (but they have a huge boot) keep in mind I did have to leave a bit of room between the box and back of the seat.

Posted

Oh and as far as equipment goes:

Sundown SAZ-1500D

DD 9512

XS Power D975

Mechman 240amp alternator

0 Gauge Wiring

No-name LOC

Stock headunit

Posted

port and sub facing forwards, I had a slot port on the right hand side of the sub firing into the back passangers seat, and the sub was hidden behind the fold down seat, this worked really well for me in the stato (but they have a huge boot) keep in mind I did have to leave a bit of room between the box and back of the seat.

When you say forward, you mean towards the cabin, right? Edit: looked at your pic and I'm going to go ahead and assume that yes, it means towards the cabin.

Does it matter if the port is in the middle so I can get it to go through the ski-pass or does it have to be on the end?

Also, my seats don't fold down.

Posted

you can do it how ever you want, keep in mind you will get some cancelation issues if your subs are firing straight into the back of a seat, my previous box i had 2x ports going through the original rear speaker holes in the rear shelf.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3192 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...