Second Skin Audio

box design for 2 level 3 10s

disprovable

I don't have too much space to work with in my Small g35 trunk but I would like to get 2 10s at least. I'd like a ported box as well. Levels 3s say they need 1 ft^3 each so 2 ft for both. I have a height of 12 a width of 37 and a depth of 15 I'll be using 3/4th MDF and would like a tune of anywhere from 32-35 hz whichever is easiest. If possible could someone make a box design for me. Thank you. If not possible please let me know!

It's possible in 13 3/4 x 33 x 14 with a single 6" round port.

I appreciate your reply! You are the one that designed my box i used for my 2 sundowns a year ago. Sounded amazing. I have never had to do a circle port. How would i go about doing that? Is it just pvc pipe or what? Also how do i need to find out the length of it? Thank you for your time!

Those dims I gave you above were with a single 6" round port to save space as possible, remeasure to see if you can gain some space here and there.

My car is a coupe so the trunk has more room than that it just starts to get smaller and smaller as it gets closer to the rear of the car.

But im not familiar with round ports at all. How long would that 6" round port need to be?

Also would it maybe be a better idea to go with some FI SSD10s? The recommended ported enclosure says it needs .6 - 1.2 ft^3 each sub on them.

and would a slot port be out of consideration/not possible with my dimensions? Sorry for all the questions, but i appreciate the help!

• 4 weeks later...

Those dims I gave you above were with a single 6" round port to save space as possible, remeasure to see if you can gain some space here and there.

remeasured and it seems like i can get 12 high by 37 wide by 15 deep. Would these dimensions be a little easier to work with and sketchup a box design? Thanks joe.

So here is a suggestion CLOSE to your max dims, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 3 1/8", figure is just an assembly guide, bracing is 1.1/4" wooden dowel rods:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

2dc10slot.jpg

210SFPF_zps62006a0a.jpg

So here is a suggestion CLOSE to your max dims, power: to sub(s) rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 3 1/8", figure is just an assembly guide, bracing is 1.1/4" wooden dowel rods:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

2dc10slot.jpg

210SFPF_zps62006a0a.jpg

Thank you Joe! Very much appreciate the reply

Archived