How big of an alternator would i need for aproxiamentaly 4k?

so you think i should move my battery back to the back and do 2 runs of 1/0 gauge. i have one already going to the back, and i would need a 250+ amp alt? and hell ya that amp is a beast. i got it wired at 4 ohm right now and im dropping to the 10 volts if i let it. i turned the amp down so my voltage dont drop below 12.4. both amps were set with my DD1. but i need to do something.

he will see more drop with the long runs than if he moves the battery to the rear and use shorter wire.. 14.4 volts on a 17 wire could drop to high 13. on just wire once he plays it will be on the 12's.. in the rear the batter will be around 14.2 but he will start to drop from a higher voltage.. he will benefit by half a volt to even a volt.. he can get away with having the battery bank in the front but will need more runs to offset the resistance in the wire.. 3 runs of 1/0 is what i suggest if he runs CCA or 2 runs if he runs OFC

I would call mike singer and get like a 320-340 amp hairpin alt. I love my 340 hairpin. thing is a beast im going to be running round 6k. And for electrical i have a d3400 up front and 2 d3100s in the back with double 1/0 big 4 and 3 runs of 1/0 to the back.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

he will see more drop with the long runs than if he moves the battery to the rear and use shorter wire.. 14.4 volts on a 17 wire could drop to high 13. on just wire once he plays it will be on the 12's.. in the rear the batter will be around 14.2 but he will start to drop from a higher voltage.. he will benefit by half a volt to even a volt.. he can get away with having the battery bank in the front but will need more runs to offset the resistance in the wire.. 3 runs of 1/0 is what i suggest if he runs CCA or 2 runs if he runs OFC

A 12v battery, no matter how close it is to the amps, will not help his or any system run at 14V or higher. You're saying that his rear battery will sit at about 14.2 but it won't. He may get a 14.2v reading at that battery with the vehicle running, but not if he disconnects the charge lead coming from the alternator. With the right alternator he is better off not adding a 2nd battery as far as his amps are concerned. A good quality, proper sized cap instead of a 2nd battery would be better in this case. It will benefit him within the 1.8v or so difference between the charging voltage of his alternatorand the resting voltage of the battery.

To add some clarity to what im saying, in his current setup with an oem alt and voltage drop into the 10's, a 2nd battery will help him hold closer to 12. Everything I am saying is assuming he goes with a proper alternator to keep things in the 14 volt range.

A 12v battery, no matter how close it is to the amps, will not help his or any system run at 14V or higher. You're saying that his rear battery will sit at about 14.2 but it won't. He may get a 14.2v reading at that battery with the vehicle running, but not if he disconnects the charge lead coming from the alternator. With the right alternator he is better off not adding a 2nd battery as far as his amps are concerned. A good quality, proper sized cap instead of a 2nd battery would be better in this case. It will benefit him within the 1.8v or so difference between the charging voltage of his alternatorand the resting voltage of the battery.

i have my view you have yours.. alt and batteries work as a team and not like you think. if batteries didnt matter than any shit battery would hold up if you had killer alts but thats not the case. shit batteries cant keep up even with big alts

my point was about the wire not the alt or battery.. the longer the wire the more resistance.. you lose voltage even if there is no draw at the end of it. having the battery in the rear will help because yes the amp will draw from the battery first not the alt. the alt will kick in and supply the amperage after the amp has pulled power from the battery

Archived