Chris Dennis Posted December 6, 2014 Report Posted December 6, 2014 Hello I am looking for someone who can use google sketch up or some other similar program and design a box for me. I am looking to build a box for two sundown audio zv2 d2 18's. I am probably goning to run a 3500 watt mono block amp at 1 ohm. I would like the box to be ported. The box is going in the back of a suburban with no third row so I have lots of room. I would like a box that is gonna get the best sound from these speakers and get low as well. I never designed a box before so if someone could please help me out. I am looking to use the standard 3/4 thick MDF. Also if it would help the sound, I would like for the speakers to be on the top of the box and the port to be at the rear doors. The max dimensions for my truck is 65" long 45" wide and 20" inches tall (I still would like to be able to see out my back window as its a daily driver. Thanks in advance.
CleanSierra Posted December 6, 2014 Report Posted December 6, 2014 With D2 subs, having 2 of them, your only wiring options are 2 ohms or half ohm final at the amp. A design for those should be relatively easy. Hit up JoeX, he'll pop something out for you. I don't have the time to do it or I'd do it for you. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Chris Dennis Posted December 6, 2014 Author Report Posted December 6, 2014 With D2 subs, having 2 of them, your only wiring options are 2 ohms or half ohm final at the amp. A design for those should be relatively easy. Hit up JoeX, he'll pop something out for you. I don't have the time to do it or I'd do it for you. Thanks, I will send him a message. Yea I wasn't sure if they could be wired down to 1 ohm or not. So I guess I should look for a .5 ohm capable amp then to get the best power? Btw here is the specs of the subs. I think they recommend you tune the box to 28.42 hz if I am reading it right and the subs are 4 ohms. RE: 4.08 ohms Fs: 28.42 Hz Qes: 0.41 Qms: 9.14 Qts: 0.39 Le: 3.89 mH Vas: 139 L BL: 27.80 NA Cms: 71.56 uM/N Mms: 438 g Sens: 90.73 dB RMS: 1500 watts
Chris Dennis Posted December 6, 2014 Author Report Posted December 6, 2014 Also here is the recommended enclosure specs from their website. I am assuming its the minimal requirements. They do have a box already sketched up on their site, but like I said, I have a lot of room to play with, and if it would benefit to make a bigger box, then I am willing to do so. Thanks Ported: 3ft^3 Displacement: 0.16ft^3 Depth: 11.25" Outside Diameter: 18.25" Cutout: 16.62"
SQL50 Posted December 6, 2014 Report Posted December 6, 2014 If both are 4 ohm dvc then you can wire them to one ohm. Your op said dual 2's then you said dual 4's?
CleanSierra Posted December 6, 2014 Report Posted December 6, 2014 You posted the specs for the Dual 2 ohm sub, just like they have listed on their site. Do you own the D2 or D4? If you bought D2 subs, I gave you you're wiring options, they are not subject to interpretation. If you have D4 coils, you can wire to a final ohm load AT THE AMP of 1 ohm. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Chris Dennis Posted December 6, 2014 Author Report Posted December 6, 2014 I am as confused as a baby racoon lol. Ok on the bottom of the subs there is a sticker from woofersect.com It says, Z v.2 D2 18'". I am pretty sure the information I got from the sundown website that I posted above is for the same sub, am I correct? I went under their discontinued subs and found the z series v.2. When I measure the ohms with a meter it goes between 2.9 and 3.0.
Chris Dennis Posted December 6, 2014 Author Report Posted December 6, 2014 and there is two voice coils per sub, and I have two subs
SQL50 Posted December 6, 2014 Report Posted December 6, 2014 If it says it's a dual 2 ohm woofer, then it's a dual 2 ohm woofer, you treat it as a dual 2 ohm woofer whether you multimetered the coils at 3 ohms or 2 ohms or whatever it reads.. So .5 ohms or 2 ohms on a monoblock.
Chris Dennis Posted December 6, 2014 Author Report Posted December 6, 2014 sorry for the confusion, im new to all this. I thought they were 4 ohms because on sundowns website it says under the specs RE: 4.08 ohms which I thought meant 4 ohms. The guy that sold them to me says they are 2 ohms DVC so CleanSierra said before, my options are 2 or 0.5. Sorry for the mix up, I am a noob
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.