yurvalentine Posted December 6, 2014 Author Report Posted December 6, 2014 What router do you have? WD N600
RainStryke Posted December 6, 2014 Report Posted December 6, 2014 Here is how you port forward on two routers: http://portforward.com/help/doublerouterportforwarding.htm Here is how to port forward on your WD router: http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8628/p/403,437/session/L3RpbWUvMTQxNzkwNzM0MC9zaWQvOWU4QWRmOW0%3D
yurvalentine Posted December 6, 2014 Author Report Posted December 6, 2014 Here is how you port forward on two routers: http://portforward.com/help/doublerouterportforwarding.htm Here is how to port forward on your WD router: http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8628/p/403,437/session/L3RpbWUvMTQxNzkwNzM0MC9zaWQvOWU4QWRmOW0%3D This is the method I've been using without sucess. Trying to set the second router up as a slave now, doesn't want to cooperate.
RainStryke Posted December 7, 2014 Report Posted December 7, 2014 Do you have your static IP address assigned like this, under IPv4? http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/19249/how-to-assign-a-static-ip-address-in-xp-vista-or-windows-7/
yurvalentine Posted December 7, 2014 Author Report Posted December 7, 2014 Changed the second router to an access point on the primary network (now it's just a slave router) and it seems to be working. Every now and then I have some connection hiccups that I didn't before, but for the most part it seems okay.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.