cb or 10 meter radio

does anyone know the difference between a CB radio and a 10 meter radio and what are the pros and cons for each. Im kinda leaning towards a 10 meter fyi but educate me please

10 meter sounds like HAM. If that's the case, FCC requires a license for HAM frequencies and they are substantially different in frequency, power, and range than CB. CB = common band/unregulated.

If I'm misunderstanding, and 10 meter isn't a HAM radio/frequency, then disregard.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

From what I read you need a license for a 10 meter radio because the wattage is higher that the legal limit of 4 for CB. Can you communicate on a CB channel if you have a 10 meter? And yes I believe HAMs are the same as a 10 meter.

If you don't have an answer by time I get off of work I will ask my dad. I believe he has a 10000 watt setup for his cb radio. I know he has 3 alts on his yukon and plenty of batteries. He's been into cb radios since before I was born so I'm sure he will have some information for me.

From what I read you need a license for a 10 meter radio because the wattage is higher that the legal limit of 4 for CB. Can you communicate on a CB channel if you have a 10 meter? And yes I believe HAMs are the same as a 10 meter.

Archived