Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Boxbuilders look this over please


Jeff4661

Recommended Posts

Posted

Yes a 12 would have worked out better. Two 4" ports actually has less area than 1 6". Maybe you could get away with 3 4" ports giving you 37sq in but still low for that sub

if I go with 2 5" 15" long would I be ok Bcs that's 9.84in/cube in a 3.99 cube box

Isn't the bass line for aeros like 9-12in/cube? Or am I thinking of something different..

Sorry for all the questions I'm fairly new to box building with ports.. and I've never even herd a Fi bl in real life until now lol

Posted

Two 5" ports is the best idea so far, but I still think you will have port velocity issues. Two 6" aero ports or a slot port of appropriate size is really what you should use, but if you can't fit it you have to compromise somewhere.

Also the 9-12 sq in per cube for aeros rule is really just a general rough guess, sometimes it works better than others. In this case, its not going to be enough.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

Two 5" ports is the best idea so far, but I still think you will have port velocity issues. Two 6" aero ports or a slot port of appropriate size is really what you should use, but if you can't fit it you have to compromise somewhere.

Also the 9-12 sq in per cube for aeros rule is really just a general rough guess, sometimes it works better than others. In this case, its not going to be enough.

Ok well I'll build it with 2 5" areos

If he gives me any lip I'll tell him to either sacrifice the spare tire or buy a 12"

Thanks again for your help

Posted

Two 5" ports is the best idea so far, but I still think you will have port velocity issues. Two 6" aero ports or a slot port of appropriate size is really what you should use, but if you can't fit it you have to compromise somewhere.

Also the 9-12 sq in per cube for aeros rule is really just a general rough guess, sometimes it works better than others. In this case, its not going to be enough.

I'll see If I can get the 2 6" to work possibly without going to small on the enclosure
Posted

Every sub has a specific minimum port area it needs to work properly. If you can manage two 6" that would be a good for a start.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Posted

Alright I gained a 1/4 inch on all sides (on purpose) it still fits I can run 2 6" aeros but they will have to come from the side not The back... Is it worth moving the ports to the side in order to gain port area?

Bcs it won't be port back subs up anymore.. it will be port to the side sub up

Posted

I have my BL in a 3.66cuft box with 50 sq" of port area so about 13.75 port area per foot. The box is tuned to 33Hz and sounds great. I would recommend doing a double baffle for the extra support and I used a piece of oak 1" dowel as the bracing inside the box.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Posted

I have my BL in a 3.66cuft box with 50 sq" of port area so about 13.75 port area per foot. The box is tuned to 33Hz and sounds great. I would recommend doing a double baffle for the extra support and I used a piece of oak 1" dowel as the bracing inside the box.

Yes I am doing a double baffle as well and 45's on all corners as well as fiberglass resin the whole inside on top of bracing with 1"oak Dowells

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 5432 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...