Help with DD1

Smokey619

Good chance that your meter doesn't sample fast enough to keep up, I could be totally wrong, but I think you need a true RMS multimeter.

I was setting my gains with the test tone at it was a constant 50, I was not playing a song which would change all over the place.

MrBigs63: Yes it is the same impedance, both at 2 ohms final impedance. That is the reason why I am confused because the only changes that I made was an amp and a sub, both which twice as powerful than the previous.

The mounting depth of my box is like 7 inches or so, the Kicker had 5 1/2 and the Alpine 5 7/8, dont know if that can be a reason on why it sound lower because the magnet is close to the bottom of the box.

Yeah but the box is 40Wx8.5Hx12D, but still should sound pretty good, and what about the smell? I dont know what I can do if i need a new box the sub is maxed out on space, the damn Type R top is an inch thick surround and my other one had a super thin surround to mount to the box. I will try and find a pic and maybe tomorrow I will post the type r inside view and the kicker inside view of the magnets and the bottom of the box.

I was setting my gains with the test tone at it was a constant 50, I was not playing a song which would change all over the place.

MrBigs63: Yes it is the same impedance, both at 2 ohms final impedance. That is the reason why I am confused because the only changes that I made was an amp and a sub, both which twice as powerful than the previous.

The mounting depth of my box is like 7 inches or so, the Kicker had 5 1/2 and the Alpine 5 7/8, dont know if that can be a reason on why it sound lower because the magnet is close to the bottom of the box.

The test tone still is made of waves that go up and down. That's why the subs move in and out.

• 4 weeks later...

your using a track that is 5db quieter than the other amp, so chances are the new amp with a track that is 5db quieter is washing out the fact that its a stronger amplifier.

use track 7 -15db with the new amp, and it will be louder than the old amp.

However if your putting more power to the woofers and they cant take that additional power, your just going to make them hot and blow them due to the added power that they cant take (especially if the enclosure is not optimal for the woofers).

Not to thread jack, but at what db do you recommend tuning mids/highs and subs..?

I recommend 0 to -7 db for mids an highs and -5 to -15 for subs .. but it all comes down to your preferences.. PM me if u have questions I'll explain further not wanting to be a thread jacker lol

Archived